Do you have to have AAT Level 2 to be a fully qualified accountant

Options
xanthe123
xanthe123 Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
Do you have to have AAT Level 2 to be a fully qualified accountant because I am missing the weaf unit but passed the rest and my local college sed that I can go onto the level 3 course but they not sure if i will be AAT fully qualified

Comments

• GemmaS
    GemmaS Registered Posts: 178 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    As far as I am aware, You do not need the Level 2 to get the full AAT qualification, you need Level 3 and 4. The level 2 is there for everyone who do not have any background in accounting to understand the basics of Double Entry, Costing and Sage type programs. So yes you can move on to Level 3 without any worries. This is what I plan to do as well :D
  • xanthe123
    xanthe123 Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    the thing is I have passed all the others just failed the WEAF I have the resit tomorrow but if i fail I am not that bothered.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I don't know what WEAF is, but as Gemma says, you need to pass levels 3 and 4 to be fully qualified AAT :)
  • uknitty
    uknitty Registered Posts: 591 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    WEAF is the new version of what was Unit 31.

I know under the old standards that if you had not done this unit at level 2 you had to do it at level 3 instead. If that is still the case or not I am not sure. I think this is probably one that is worth checking with AAT student support.
  • LPalmer
    LPalmer Registered Posts: 25 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    From people that I know you can always go back to tests which were in previous levels.

Therefore I think that just as much effort should be put into the resit as you would in any other exam, otherwise you'll just end up having to take it again. Plus lets not forget the re-take fee...

Regards
    Lewis
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Heh, I don't know what Unit 31 was either.

All I do know is that I didn't pass my health and safety or MAS project (unit 10?) until a year after I passed my level 4 exams.
Privacy Policy