Revision for spreadsheets

Options
amyjayne27
amyjayne27 Registered Posts: 314 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hey everyone - have my spreadsheets exam booked and having trouble revising! Have done the practice exam and all the extra revision on aat, does anyone have anything else?

Thank you :-)

Comments

• Whirlwind
    Whirlwind Registered Posts: 249 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I sat SPSW yesterday and now understand why the tutor kept on about us completing the practice assessment, as it was pretty much identical!!

It may have been a one off, but it made life alot easier; especially as had an afternoon of 'if' and 'lookup' at work creating extended trial balances, so good job had studied everything!!

I found the most stressful part uploading it, with the self doubt of 'has it worked'.

All the best!!
  • amyjayne27
    Options
    Thanks whirlwind that's really helpful. I just feel really unprepared! Have actually done the practice one twice now so real fingers crossed I pass! Thanks again
  • Whirlwind
    Options
    I also felt that I hadn't revised enough as usually have couple of practice assessments, greenlight and osbourne quiz!! I did find the five practice scenarios on the e-learning section of MyAat, which were really helpful.

Something I did notice was that I really had to read what the task involves (I know its an obvious one). For example in the practice assessment I had to create a list of sales, cos, gross profit, expenses and profit for period. I would usually (at work) place £ amounts vertically with the months horizontally. However the task said to add a column for %, which helped me to see that they were expecting the the opposite layout.

Now's the painful wait ...
  • amyjayne27
    Options
    Thanks so much whirlwind thats some really useful info, with the practice exam I found I had to really really that too so I know what you mean!! Thanks again and I'm sure you will have passed x
  • Whirlwind
    Options
    Thanks for that vote of confidence ... there is always a doubt in my mind, but whoppeee I did!! I even got 100% (definitely shoes required and a champagne chocolate - if you have been following another thread!!)

How did yours go? Was it similar/same as the practice?
Privacy Policy