Aca student and mip?

Options
Julie2011
Julie2011 Registered Posts: 33 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi Everyone

I went to see a chartered accountant this week re some sub contracting work as he is so busy. After some general discussion he offered me a job (part time) working from home with a training contract for aca, not only that he has no problem with me continuing my self employed work alongside the job!

Only problem is I can't seem to find whether there are limitations on self employed work with ACA as there is with ACCA, just wondered if anyone else is an AAT MIP and ACA student?

Thanks for your help
Julie

Comments

• jamesm96
    jamesm96 Registered Posts: 523
    Options
    Hi Julie,

I'm an MIP ACA student and, as far as I'm aware, you simply need to have the permission of the QPRT (which it would sound like you obviously will have). That said, I'm not continuing with the ACA so I'm possibly not as dillignt in checking the rules as others might be.
  • GinnyBee
    GinnyBee Registered, Tutor Posts: 131 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi Julie,

I've been researching this and from what I can see Mike is correct. I'm not sure what happens once you qualify though. I think your best bet would be to give ACA student services a ring then they can tell you exactly.

Gin
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Julie2011 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone

I went to see a chartered accountant this week re some sub contracting work as he is so busy. After some general discussion he offered me a job (part time) working from home with a training contract for aca ........Julie

Congratulations ..... well done you :001_smile:

Anna
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • Julie2011
    Julie2011 Registered Posts: 33 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Thank you for your help, I wish I had known this was possible sooner, I had just assumed there was no chance!

Thanks again
    Julie
Privacy Policy