A Thank You to the AAT Community

Steve Collings
Steve Collings Registered Posts: 997 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi All,

I hope you are well.

As you are all probably aware, Monsoon and a few others on here are involved with the 2013 'naked' accountants calendar. Firstly, I must congratulate Monsoon on her marketing of this calendar and getting it into some of the leading accountancy publications. Sometimes it's very difficult to get into their magazines/on-line publications, but hats off to Monsoon, she is clearly not one to accept 'no' as an answer!!

Secondly I have to say thank you to everyone who is not only involved with this calendar, but who has taken an interest. As some of you may know my niece, Gabriella, was diagnosed with Complete Atrio-Ventricular Septal Defect which (in a nutshell) is a heart that has more holes in it than the doctors would like. At 6 months old she had to have 2 rounds of major heart surgery and at 3 years old she has proved those Docs wrong! She is a true Collings - and got through it! I can honestly tell you one thing - there may be problems with her heart, but there's nothing wrong with her lungs - she can scream for England!!! I am truly grateful that Gabriella's charity has been chosen as one of the beneficiaries of the proceeds of the calendar.

So far, we have raised nearly £3,000 for Gabriella's charity which is the Ronald McDonald House at the Alder Hey Childrens Hospital (the Ron McDonald charity is a UK-wide charity). We have done this via JustGiving and having charity nights and on the 10th June we will also be having a bingo night at my step-mother's 50th birthday!! One thing I would ask though is that if you do go to McDonalds (who claim to actively support Ronald McDonald) is not to put your 1p change in their charity boxes because according to the director of fundraising, this never does go to them :(

I am privileged to be a part of such a thoughtful community and I am sure Sandy Hood, who's charity is also a beneficiary of the work Monsoon and many others on here and in the accounting community, are doing also feels the same.

I just want to let you all know that both myself and my family are overwhelmed by the thoughtfulness of you and we will be forever in your debt.

Thank you so much.

All the best

Steve

Comments

• jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hi Steve,

I am very pleased to hear that both Gabriella and your charity campaign are doing well.

I think I can speak for many others on here by saying it is us that will be forever in your debt. I can quite honestly say that I was struggling with the old module DFS until I attended your revision day in Manchester, it was as though someone had switched a light on!!

Your charity was chosen Steve as a big thank you to you for all your help within the accounting community.

Thank you again, and good luck with the bingo night :thumbup1: xxx
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Thank you all. As Steve has written, Monsoon you have been marvellous and I too feel privileged to be a part of such a thoughtful community.

Mark stayed with us at the weekend. I was lovely to see him, although he does tire quickly. He has a website for the Worster Drought Support Group and this link explains this type of cerebral palsy. http://www.wdssg.org.uk/whatiswds.php
    The family day is an important part of the year, it achieves so much. It is scheduled for later this month.

Thank you everyone for including the Worster-Drought Syndrome Support Group as a beneficiary of all the photographing and calender selling.
    Sandy
    [email protected]
    www.sandyhood.com
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Aww thanks guys. It's a pleasure to be able to 'give something back' to you both in recognition of your generosity here on the forums - I know you've helped so many AAT students and indeed full members with study and technical queries, and we all really appreciate it.

I don't think I'm doing that much - I just had a mad idea that's snowballed :lol:

But rest assured we will do all we can to raise loadsa cash for two very important charities! Really happy to help, and I'm looking forward to meeting a lot of you crazy lot, and putting faces to names :)
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    When is the get together and, on a practical note, is there anything I can do to help??????? (I too can make tea and cake :001_smile:)

Here, here to what everyone else has already said too. Jenni, you are a star! :thumbup:

Anna xxx
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
Privacy Policy