Just started Level 3 and looking forward to it!!!!

Options
GemmaS
GemmaS Registered Posts: 178 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
Finished my last exam (CMPA) in level 2 this morning and seeing as my books arrived a couple of days ago for Level 3 I opened them up and have just completed my first assignment for AP1 this evening! :thumbup: ...... Its early days but I'm really looking forawrd to being pushed a little bit more with this level!

Having said that I still have to wait for my results for CMPA ;) fingers crossed that I have passed!

Gemma xxx

Comments

• amyjayne27
    amyjayne27 Registered Posts: 314 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Hi Gemma, and congrats on completing level 2 that's great! I think you will be fine with level 3 its not supposed to be too much of a step up from level 2.

I'm almost at the end of level 3 so give me a shout if you need any help! :001_smile:
  • liveprincess
    liveprincess Registered Posts: 214 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    hi Gemma, I have also just got my boss to sign the order form for level 3 and it is in the FAX. SO excited, can't wait for my books to arrive now. I'm also waiting for the CMPA results. Let me know how you got on and good luck with level 3:001_smile:
  • GemmaS
    Options
    I passed CMPA! also got 100% on my first level 3 assignment! :D Got both these results on after a horrendous day at work so it really cheered me up :D Have you had your results yet?
  • liveprincess
    liveprincess Registered Posts: 214 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Congratulations!! Have are you finding level 3? I also had my CMPA results today and I passed, so I'm very happy and looking forward to level 3.
  • Sammmy88
    Sammmy88 Registered Posts: 283 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Congrats!!! How are you finding Level 3?
    Level 2 - Passed 2011
    Level 3 - Passed 2012
    Level 4 - Passed 2014

Awaiting to start CIMA :)
  • missm4ry4m
    missm4ry4m Registered Posts: 177 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Good luck with Level 3!
  • GemmaS
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!!
    It seems to be going in so far :D have started on AP1, and I'm currently studying accruals and prepayments. Luckily I deal a little bit with these at work so already have a bit of an understanding so fingers crossed it continues this way! I'm toying with the idea of booking the AP1 exam for Mid July....... we'll see how mush I can do before then! :D
    I see you've just finished Level 3 Sammy, Which units did you find easiest/hardest? Any advice?
  • Chimpette22
    Chimpette22 Registered Posts: 75 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Welcome to level 3 :001_smile:

I'm sure you'll be able to take and pass the exam by middle of July, happy studying
    Fully AAT qualified July 2015
  • Sammmy88
    Sammmy88 Registered Posts: 283 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    GemmaS wrote: Β»
    I see you've just finished Level 3 Sammy, Which units did you find easiest/hardest? Any advice?

The easier units for me were Spreadsheets! All the others are challenging in there own way!! Costs and Revenues was the real corker for me! It was quite difficult! As it was so different from the AAT Mocks. My advice is to make sure you learn formulas. Whether its for AP1/AP2 or Costs & Revenues, if you know the forumla no matter what the question is, you can apply it. Don't rely too heavily on the AAT mocks. :-)

Good Luck! I am sure you will be fine!!!
    Level 2 - Passed 2011
    Level 3 - Passed 2012
    Level 4 - Passed 2014

Awaiting to start CIMA :)
  • GemmaS
    Options
    I've just booked AP1 for 7th July..... Ekk! I think I may be being a bit optimistic about AP1 as its only 2 weeks away, but I didn't want to wait till Aug to sit it... just means I'll have even less spare time before then than I do now! I had a bit of a fluff about accruals and prepayments last night but I think I've got that under control now so will just have to crack on with the rest of the book in the next 2 weeks!

I'm sure I used to have a life and manage to get some sleep occasionally! :tongue_smilie:
  • GemmaS
    Options
    Hi Gemma, and congrats on completing level 2 that's great! I think you will be fine with level 3 its not supposed to be too much of a step up from level 2.

I'm almost at the end of level 3 so give me a shout if you need any help! :001_smile:

How have you found Level 3? were there any difficult units for you?
  • johnnyboy987
    johnnyboy987 Registered Posts: 36 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I sat CMPA this morning and feeling confident. Books have arrived for Level 3 so excited about getting on with it :)

Any suggestions about what order to sit take the exams in?

Cheers,

Johnny
  • zaf1987
    zaf1987 Registered Posts: 124 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I'm sure I used to have a life and manage to get some sleep occasionally! :tongue_smilie:[/QUOTE]

Amen to that, since i started AAT, I find I have my book everywhere, bus, metro, actually the only place i haven't taken it to date is the shower, and as for sleep, I dont know what the word means anymore :001_tongue:

It will all be worth in the end.
  • GemmaS
    Options
    I sat CMPA this morning and feeling confident. Books have arrived for Level 3 so excited about getting on with it :)

Any suggestions about what order to sit take the exams in?

Cheers,

Johnny

Well I'm planning on following the order given to me by my training provider: AP1&2 , CRS, CMGT, VAT, PEAF then SPSW.

I'm not sure in which order other people have done the exams?

Well done for level 2 and good luck with level 3! :D
  • GemmaS
    Options
    zaf1987 wrote: Β»
    Amen to that, since i started AAT, I find I have my book everywhere, bus, metro, actually the only place i haven't taken it to date is the shower, and as for sleep, I dont know what the word means anymore :001_tongue:

It will all be worth in the end.

Shame they don't do waterproof books!! If I'm not studying I'm feeling guilty about it :s I'm not quite sure how I will fill the void once I'm qualified.... well after I have slept for a week!
  • Chimpette22
    Chimpette22 Registered Posts: 75 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi GemmaS,

I followed my training provider as well which is the same as your layout except I swapped in the spreadsheets before input tax as I knew it took up to 6 weeks to get marked. :001_smile:
    Fully AAT qualified July 2015
  • zaf1987
    zaf1987 Registered Posts: 124 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I Agree GemmaS if only the books were waterproof, what i find helps is i have a Voice recorder and record myself and then listen to it in the gym for example. to be honest not all of it goes in.

Ive got my ITX exam booked for 11th july, but i find that its very short, and may book it for the 4th
    instead, i think bpp need to redo the book as they create chapter that are only 4 pages long.

Good Luck GemmaS,
  • baileyqueens
    baileyqueens Registered Posts: 27 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options

Same here Gemma, I have just finished level 3, if you need any help just PM me.
    Dan
  • GemmaS
    Options
    Same here Gemma, I have just finished level 3, if you need any help just PM me.
    Dan

thanks Dan! I will probably take you up on that offer!

It is so lovely to see how supportive everyone is on this forum!!! :D
Privacy Policy