Temp Employment Agencies

zaf1987
zaf1987 Registered Posts: 124 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
Hi ive always seen people referring to temp agencies to gain employment. I always been confused.

How to temp agencies work, many claim they get a job in a day or two with out a interview, how can that be, which place will employ you without a interview. ?

Im basically looking for advice on how to use temp agency to gain employment, how do i register, for example reeds tamp agency have a website and i have a account and have my cv on there. What more do i need to do?

I would appreciate any help inre gards to temp agencies? as i am getting desperate as i have no experience in accounting and am eager to get the ball rolling.

Thank you

Comments

• sammyd22
    sammyd22 Registered Posts: 207 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Usually if you apply for a temp role online they will contact you. If not then find the number to your local branch and give them a call.

The reason you dont usually have an interview with temping is because they usually need someone quite urgently, therfore they accept you on a trust basis between the Company and the Agency. In addition to this they can get rid of you at the drop of a hat if they are not pleased with you and the agency will send someone else as there is no formal contract between the Company and yourself.
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    sammyd22 wrote: Β»
    The reason you dont usually have an interview with temping is because they usually need someone quite urgently, therfore they accept you on a trust basis between the Company and the Agency.

Sorry, but that's not entirely accurate. No reputable agency worth it's salt would send a non-pre-interviewed candidate to a professional job. While it might be okay for a box packer position at your local factory, it's not so true for a responsible accounts position. Should any agency blindly send a non-suitable person to a company, it's highly likely that company would not use the agency again and/or refuse to pay the intro/margin fee.

EDIT: Maybe, I read your post wrong? An agency does the interviewing on behalf of the company, sifting out the wheat from the chaff. That's why companies outsource their recruitment to agencies, trusting their niche expertise when it comes to suitable candidates.
  • Diddy Mau
    Diddy Mau Registered Posts: 238 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Try this link
    http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?33748-***-Working-with..-not-against...-recruitment-agencies-***
    it was set up, by the one and only blobbyh:001_tt2:
    Zaf, you might find some good information here
  • sammyd22
    What i mean by trust betwen the company and the agency is that the agency interview you on the comapanies behalf and trust them to do so (should have been a bit clearer). They usually meet to discuss what your needs are, proof of identification, previous experience etc. I do not work directly for an agency but this is whats happened in my previous experience when temping whether right or wrong.

I must say all agencies which have found me roles in the past, SF Group, HAYS, Reed, Accountantcy Additions have all been pretty good in my opinion.
  • zaf1987
    zaf1987 Registered Posts: 124 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Thanks steven, how are agencies like if you have none or limited experience in accounts.

Thanks diddy and blobbyh i will have a look at that thread.

Zaf
  • sammyd22
    Blobby obviously works in this field i dont so my views are from past experience and not knowledge from within. Im sure if you contact an agency they will be willing to meet with you to discuss what you are looking for regardless of your experience. They should then look to find you a suitable role based on your level (ie.. clerk etc).

I found that temping was a great platform for gaining experience.
  • guinea pig
    guinea pig Registered Posts: 402 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    There are other issues to consider, Employment agencies often carry out pre-employment checks e.g. CRB clearance, which is important for anyone working in a finance office.
    Good luck,
    GP
  • Roro1303
    Roro1303 Registered Posts: 38 Epic contributor 🐘
    i agree with some of the comments made on this subject, I have just had an interview with an agency, basically i am currently on a permenent role, I've been working for this company for over 6yrs, i am really bored, don't feel like i fit in the team anymore, can't stand a lot of internal politics at the moment (in one word) i want to quit, but you do not leave a job without having one these days, i have chosen 2-3 local agencies (big names: Reed, Roberthalf Intl, & Hays) discuss deeply what i am looking for in my next role, talked them through my CV, I am planning to resign by the end of the year and start temping if inbetween that non of these agencies haven't found anything for me on the permenent side.
    so they are good, pick some of them and register with them,
    it could help
Privacy Policy