Which tax paper first???

Options
LouB
LouB Registered Posts: 3 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
Hello!!!

I'm wondering which tax paper would be best to do first...personal or business? Any advice gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Louise

Comments

• anniebabe
    anniebabe Registered Posts: 595 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Hi
    I would say that It would definately help you to understand Personal Tax before attempting Business Tax - parts of the Business Tax sylabus is interlinked.

It would be like attempting Financial Performance - before budgeting.

Good Luck.
  • LouB
    LouB Registered Posts: 3 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Perfect, thanks for your help :001_smile:
  • dave13
    dave13 Registered Posts: 9 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Hi,

I took business tax before personal tax and I don't think it makes any difference what order you take them in (awaiting results).
    I also took financial performance before budgeting and I passed both of them.
    My advice would be, what ever you do, focus on one or the other so you don't muddle the two together.
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Hi
    I would say that It would definately help you to understand Personal Tax before attempting Business Tax - parts of the Business Tax sylabus is interlinked.

It would be like attempting Financial Performance - before budgeting.

Good Luck.

I agree 100% with Anniebabe. You can sit the papers in whatever order you prefer, however having studied all the above I personally recommend to anyone who asks me that you sit budgeting before financial performance as the syllabus builds on and extends from budgeting and the same with personal tax and business tax, do personal tax first.

I have also discussed with other students and friends that I personally feel that if you study one tax paper, you may as well do both, or even have the AAT make them compulsory papers as the knowledge you gain will be extremely useful for both personal life and if you decide to go self employed/MIP. I am sure others will disagree but they are just my thoughts.

Good luck whatever you decide.

JC :o
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
Privacy Policy