The NASTY tomorrow

Options
FrancesD
FrancesD Registered Posts: 21 Dedicated contributor 🦉
I am sitting FNPF tomorrow. Any suggestions ?

Not looking forward to it

Frances

Comments

• anniebabe
    anniebabe Registered Posts: 595 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Attempt the 2 written reports first, good luck.
  • Flakie
    Flakie Registered Posts: 24 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    First of all; a world of luck.

My advice, is take a deep breath, take one question at a time and trust your knowledge; you wouldn't have come this far without all the hard work you have put in so far xxx
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    FrancesD wrote: »
    I am sitting FNPF tomorrow. Any suggestions ?

Not looking forward to it

Frances

Hello Frances

Don't panic, read the questions twice if necessary to make sure you answer what is being asked. Flag up any questions you are not sure about and move on, don't waste time as you can revisit them once you have completed the rest, if necessary.

Good luck.

JC :o
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Options
    FrancesD
    anniebabe
    Attempt the 2 written reports first, good luck.
    is good advice.
    But do think about your own temperament. Some candidates need to settle their nerves when they start an exam, others can dive straight in.
    It might suit you to look for the questions you find easy just to settle in.
    I know that anniebabe’s approach has worked for a lot of candidates. I’d allocate 25 minutes to 1.6 and another 25 minutes to 2.4. I know that adds up to 50 minutes to 2 tasks, but they are important. Perhaps move on to these once you have settled in and then look at the numerical tasks.
    These are just suggestions. Whatever you do decide to do, stick to it. It saves thinking about it in the exam.

Irrespective of the sequence, my main advice is to make sure that you have plenty of paper and pens and a calculator you can rely on. Computer based exam answers invariably need workings, and if you have good workings you can use them to answer several tasks. You might be amazed, but there are candidates who will try to answer all the tasks straight onto the computer. I don’t know why, but I have wondered if computer games such as Mario create a mindset that disregards any written workings prior to entering an answer. There are sums on calculators, but no written workings.

My very best wishes, and I will look forward to hearing how you felt you got on.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I would also say that if you don't know it (and understand it) now, it is unlikely that you will by tomorrow.

I always tell my students to take time off studies because last minute revision can actually cause confusion and uncertainty in students who were quite able a week before.

Chill out and make a little time for yourself tonight.
  • hunyb
    hunyb Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Hi,

I took this exam a few weeks ago and I did not complete all the questions in part one. I find that I always end up writing things down which does take time up. I gave myself one hr for the first part and moved onto the second part for90mins with the aim of going back to my unfinshed question in part one. Having said this I never managed to go back so I don't know if I did enough in part one to pass. I felt that I knew all the answers but I'm always fighting against the clock and know that I could do much better.

I think the AAT should still give us 15mins reading time.

I suggest pacing yourself, keep an eye on the time, read the questions twice, for the written parts answer what is required.

good luck!
  • FrancesD
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I will let you know how I got on tomorrow. I am better prepared for this than I was for budgeting, but I know its alot harder

Frances
  • FrancesD
    Options
    I did the nasty today. Calculations were harder than the cbts, but at least I completed the two written bits. Finished right on 2.30.
    Now the long wait for the results.

Believe it or not, I feel more confident in passing this than I do budgeting, but with only 30% of people passing it at my college, I am not going to count my chickens before they are hatched

PS - I had a fabulous tutor for FNPF (he is the one who nicknamed FNPF - THE NASTY) and a Cr*p one for budgeting -It makes a big difference. Although there are alot of people on here who are self taught, I do not know how anyone could have taught themselves FNPF.

Frances
  • FrancesD
    Options
    Passed the NASTY today.
  • vickie88
    vickie88 Registered Posts: 58 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Well done I have my re sit for this on the 13th August I am not looking forward to it. Looking at the advice people gave you am going to do the written questions first as thats the part i keep failing on.

I do think the AAT should allow !5 minutes reading time as it is so time consuming having to scroll up and down the pages and both times i have sat this paper i have ran out of time x
  • Sammmy88
    Sammmy88 Registered Posts: 283 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Congrats!!! I bet you are well pleased!!!
    Level 2 - Passed 2011
    Level 3 - Passed 2012
    Level 4 - Passed 2014

Awaiting to start CIMA :)
Privacy Policy