FNPF - variances and extended writing help

Whirlwind
Whirlwind Registered Posts: 249 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
Yeap, its me again!

Any tricks for remembering the variances formulas? And any suggestions for the structure of the extended writing tasks?

Thanks in advance as everyone has always come to my rescue - my brain soooo not designed for the wordy side of accounts!!

Comments

• guinea pig
    guinea pig Registered Posts: 402 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Whirlwind,
    I posted suggestions for the written tasks some time back, but can't find them now! and I've also made loads of notes for remembering variances, which worked for me. I can't access them at the moment, but if you are still stuck next week, send me a pm. When is your exam? Weirdly, I liked the writen questions!!
    Good luck,
    GP
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hello

I'm not sure if this it the post that GP is referring to http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?34064-FNPF-Exam-Friday-Question-re-layout

Hope it helps.

JC :o
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Whirlwind
    Thank you, yet again! That link was perfect as test Thurs morning.

Im finding this unit so hard to focus on - bit too much happening past few weeks (visitors, mother-in-law in hosp, wedding anniversary, friends first baby). Plan to spend whole day tomorrow rereading text and rewriting formulas/variances, then Osbourne quiz and mocks til exam maybe then I wont keep waking up panicking in early hours!!
  • guinea pig
    guinea pig Registered Posts: 402 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Jo - many thanks for finding the link!

Whirlwind - Good luck for Thursday, and for revising in the meantime. Are you ok with the variances now?

GP
  • Whirlwind
    I think I need to just apply myself to them today and not allow myself to be sidetracked!! I know this sounds silly but there have been so many threads about its difficulty, instead of motivating me to 'crack it' its made me a bit self-defeatist. Stupid eh!!

If I'm not happy with it by the end of day and tested myself by the quiz and mock, I will take day off in the week. So there is a tiny back up plan.

Thanks again!
  • SarahJS
    SarahJS Registered Posts: 273 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Don't be self defeatist!

Personally I didn't actually find the paper bad at all, with the written answers being mainly common sense (and also similar to the practice exams).

I would suggest learning all the variances VERY thoroughly, and also making sure you know all the ratios/profit margin etc formulas.

Good luck :)
Privacy Policy