Foreign income

reader MAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 1,037

I have a client who has moved to the UK from Greece and has been in the UK for less than 7 years*.

If he receives bank interest from funds in Greece does this foreign income have to be declared on his UK tax return and get charged to tax?

Is there a particular document I have to ask him for, e.g. withholding tax statement?

*The reason I mention 7 years is because the client seems to think that this is important.
Privacy Policy