You know you can call yourself an accounting technician when.......

Options
The Magician
The Magician Registered Posts: 96 Epic contributor 🐘
You have passed FNST on your first attempt!

I had to wait 4 weeks and 3 days for the result to come in.

I spent so much time in my kitchen, on my own, struggling to learn all that was required for this unit.

Comments

• BeccaLouJ9
    BeccaLouJ9 Registered Posts: 896 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Well done! :) Impressive! It's a great feeling, isn't it!

Congrats again! :)

B x
  • Morpheus1980
    Morpheus1980 Registered Posts: 120 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Oh wow! Congratulations The Magician! All that hard work in the kitchen clearly paid off!

Got my FNST exam in two and a half weeks, and would love to be able to say that I passed first time. Think I'm OK with drafting all the statements and consolidated accounts. The one thing I'm finding hard is learning the IAS/IFRS. Have taken to singing them (badly!) in an effort to remember them. I must look really stupid walking down the street singing about Inventories! :001_smile:

As a first time compentant Financial Statement guru, I would love to know how you learnt all those IAS/IFRSs, The Magician!
  • Becky V
    Becky V Registered Posts: 374 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi many congratulations to you that is good news! When did you sit this exam? I sat FNPF 28th May and still waiting results. What exma is next for you?
  • Whirlwind
    Whirlwind Registered Posts: 249 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Thats amazing news!!! Well done you!!

I passed FNST first time too but with the online classroom. I am have been trying to complete the rest of level 4 via self-study (so far so good EXA & BGT first time passes too) but now its starting to really hurt!! I am currently at home studying FNPF variances again and going boss-eyed!! Exam is on Thursday, keep thinking 'is this going to be my first 'not competent'?!!'

Further to the PQ thread, are you considering further studies?
  • The Magician
    The Magician Registered Posts: 96 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Apologies, Whilwind, I wasn't ignoring you.

Well done on passing EXA. Much harder than any other unit in my opinion!

Dedicate a lot of your revision to section two the written section on FNPF!

I have to do the ICAS unit yet, but I think I can wrap it up in a few weeks. It isn't as such a memory test as are the other units and you can buy the Osbourne books as reference material.

I think if you have reasonable business and accountancy awareness, you can provide a critique on the case-study and cover the 4,000 words requirement.

I want to do the ICB self-assessment exam as a stop-gap, but I know that is not enough.

Probably do CIMA. Three exemptions under ACCA is just insulting!

How about you, dude?
  • Whirlwind
    Whirlwind Registered Posts: 249 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Hey there!

Think I have finally got a handle on the variances in FNPF, so can now go to bed!!

The exemptions don't seem to be enough for all work in level 4, so I can understand your leaning toward CIMA. I was discussing some of the subjects covered in the units with a work colleague (ACCA) she thought we were covering much the same. I think she was being generous!

I've never been out of work since school despite being an unqualified part-time bookkeeper, and now my current employer is funding AAT. I've really enjoyed all I have learnt with many of the units being useful at the practice and I get qualified!! I think this will be more than enough studying for a lifetime for me (and everyone around me)!!

All the best with ICAS and your future studies!!
Privacy Policy