Passed C & R

Haysah
Haysah Registered Posts: 80 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
:thumbup:After a resit I managed to pass it today. I am posting becuase I am soooo chuffed this one has been a real tough one for me so woo hoo!!. Just Cash Management to finish my level 3 :thumbup1::laugh:

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Congratulations Haysah :)
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Haysah
    Good Luck Friday :) x
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Congratulations Haysah, its a great feeling.

I just have AP2 resit to do.

Jan
  • Haysah
    Hi Janwal,

Thanks, I have my cash man next Friday. What a fab feeling to nearly be at the end. Good Luck with AP2 sure you will fly it no problems, when are you taking it??

Hay x
  • janwal
    Hi Hay

Resit on the 10th July, feel a lot better about it. Did Cash Man a couple of weeks ago. It was ok not a lot different to practice. Good luck with it.

Jan x
  • Haysah
    Hi Jan,

I am also re sitting cash man it was a boarderline case. I am hoping this time with a bit more work I will fly it. I know where I fell over so a good 7 days of going over it now, I should be ok fingers crossed hey. I just can't wait for the summer but having said that I have to do an ICAS report over the holidays. No rest I must have been pure evil in a past life lol. Good luck for your re sit let us know how it goes. I am with you dreading level 4.

Hay x
  • janwal
    Haysah wrote: ยป
    Hi Jan,

I just can't wait for the summer but having said that I have to do an ICAS report over the holidays. No rest I must have been pure evil in a past life lol. Good luck for your re sit let us know how it goes. I am with you dreading level 4.

Hay x

Hi Hay

We have also been advised to do the project over the summer hols and to start looking at FNST as it is one of the first modules along with Budgeting. What options are you doing.? our college is doing Cash MMent and Debt control and PTX.

Jan x
  • Haysah
    Hi jan,

Do you know what I am not 100% sure, we have been told, it is just with other exams going on I have forgotten I am in the zone of only remembering exam facts only all other stuff gets dropped lol. I would quite like to do debt control and cash man.

No problem though, I am sure when we go back we will be given our options. I am just hoping I can make more study time for this level as I seem to have spent most of level 3 tied to the kitchen table revising.

Hayx
  • missm4ry4m
    missm4ry4m Registered Posts: 177 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Congratulations. It took me 3 attempts to pass Costs and Revenues. I know the feeling when that result slip reads Competent!

I just took my AP1 and passed after 4 attempts. Now Level 4 :)
  • Haysah
    Congratulations. It took me 3 attempts to pass Costs and Revenues. I know the feeling when that result slip reads Competent!

I just took my AP1 and passed after 4 attempts. Now Level 4 :)

Hi, Missm4ry4m

Congratulations on your passes also. I think it is harder to do it the longer it takes to because the doubt can set in so go you that is brilliant. C&R I have really struggled with it is not my fav subject at all so passing it on the resit yesterday was amazing for me and a huge surprise. I even had to log onto the AAT to make sure it was a competent as I could not believe it.:laugh:

Hay x
  • janwal
    Congratulations Missm4ry4m, you can have a nice rest now. Are you studying at college?

Hay - know what you mean I don't seem to have read anything all year except a text book, even grabbing them in my lunch break at work (when I get one). Even thought we have been set work for the hols I plan some me time x
  • Haysah
    janwal wrote: ยป
    Congratulations Missm4ry4m, you can have a nice rest now. Are you studying at college?

Hay - know what you mean I don't seem to have read anything all year except a text book, even grabbing them in my lunch break at work (when I get one). Even thought we have been set work for the hols I plan some me time x

I am with you Jan on the me time 100% . I plan to get ICAS done before we fly out on hols in the middle Aug then it is two weeks of all inclusive chill/family time not an AAT book or work in sight :)

Hay x
  • baileyqueens
    baileyqueens Registered Posts: 27 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Congratulations, I was really worried about my costs & revenues its not exactly my strong point but got through it first time, its a huge relief I had the same feeling when I passed mine.
  • Haysah
    Congratulations, I was really worried about my costs & revenues its not exactly my strong point but got through it first time, its a huge relief I had the same feeling when I passed mine.

Hi Baileyqueen,

I know where you are coming from with the C&R. Congratulations on finishing your level 3 brill well done

Hay x
  • baileyqueens
    Thanks hay, hope you do well this year. If u need any help just give me a shout.

Dan
  • janwal

Hi Dan

Congratulations on passing level 3, great achievement.

Looks like quite a few of us will be here in September shouting for help :laugh:

Jan
  • welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Well done Haysah

It is your hard work that got the result I am sure! I always find students such as you the most rewarding because your effort pays off in spectacular form and the sight of the happy face at results time is always a wonderful thing for a tutor. However, for me, it's the long lessons with the puzzled face that is followed by that 'lights on' moment when everything falls into place - this is the real pleasure!

Cash management is one of those units that can often return a borderline result - remember to watch out for tasks 1.5 AND 2.1 - these seem to be giant killers (mind you the last two in section 2 are sometimes tricky too!)

Also make sure that you are happy answering the first tasks 1.1-.13 as these can make or break your assessment - particularly if you have one tricky one. If you get one that is tricky, flag it and go back to it - keep calm and invest in come herbal relaxants (e.g. Bach's Rescue Remedy).

If you're well prepared, you should be fine - and you will get a shiny certificate in the post within days to reward you for those long hours of hard work.

Keep going you're virtually 2/3 of the way through now!

GOOD LUCK!!

In fact GOOD LUCK to everyone - whatever level you're studying at, your hard work is the single most important key to your success.
  • baileyqueens
    janwal wrote: ยป
    Hi Dan

Congratulations on passing level 3, great achievement.

Looks like quite a few of us will be here in September shouting for help :laugh:

Jan

Hi Jan,

I will be on here shouting for help definitely (and giving it too), there were some things I really struggled on last year and couldn't get my head round even with the books so hopefully if I get stuck on L4 someone on here will be able to put it into context.

Dan
  • bradp5
    bradp5 Registered Posts: 8 Regular contributor โญ
    Hi I have failed Costs & Revenues twice! What books did you use?
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    bradp5 wrote: ยป

I highly recommend BPP study materials - text book and question bank.
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Haysah
    bradp5 wrote: ยป

Hi BradP5,

I had to re sit this one I used a mixture of Kaplan and Osborne Books because they have a book full of practice questions. Kaplan has a lot of mistakes but still has a lot of good questions. I also used past papers the old style NVQ ones as they are quite close to the exam style. Green Light also good, and they do some step by step examples and explanations on the AAT for cost and revs to also worth a look, they helped me get to grips with the subject.
    Good Luck!!
Privacy Policy