Ltd Co forms, Ixbrl, CT600

Hi everyone.

I have a general question on filing the relevant Ltd Co forms. I am doing everything manually on excel for a Ltd Co client.

I am happy with the accounts prep and tax calcuation but am new to the filing aspects.

As I have no software I assume I can file the Ct600 and ABB accounts at HMRC and CH directly?

With regards to CH, do i sign up for their 'web filing' to be able to do this. I also assume that as I will be filling in their 'boxes' that it will meet the ixbrl requirements?

Plus can you confirm that I need to to do accounts and CT600 at HMRC and ABB acocunts at CH?

I will be getting VT in the end, does the free trial allow you to file accounts and is the tax module included yet or is Ftax still the way to go.

Thanks for the help guys :)

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I don't use HMRC's own product so I can't comment on that.

VT produces accounts but won't automatically file them - buit it's a 2 minute job to complete the CoHo PDF (which yes is iXBRL compliant).

FTax is CT600 (and other tax return) software.

HMRC /CoHo do have a joint filing product but again, I've never used it.
  • Dcollins
    Dcollins Registered Posts: 179 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    If it's a short CT600 you can use HMRC's online service/software to file the tax return, accounts and CT comp to HMRC, and the abb accounts to Companies House at the same time.

You'll need to log in as agent, and the client has to be on your client list for CT. You'll also need the client's authentication code for Companies House.

The system works through Adobe Reader, there's a link to download it from the HMRC site, when you start the 'file a return' process. Then you have to follow HMRC's guidelines to set up Abobe Reader. Then you can download and start filling in the return and accounts. It guides you through what to do, but I've always found it to be a pain in the bum. Put aside plenty of time and always view and save when they suggest.

I use VT and TaxCalc now, and file at CH using their PDF. VT Final Accounts includes a tax computation (in iXBRL), but it doesn't file anything direct.

This company does excel based CT600 software cheaply, http://www.sa2000.co.uk/cttaxes.htm. I've not used it, but it might be worth a try if you only have one or two to do.
  • stevo5678
    stevo5678 Registered Posts: 325
    Thank you both for your input.

Monsoon - Good to know the CH ABB only take a short time!

DC - That's perfect, just what I needed.

Have a good weekend.
Privacy Policy