Sign written car

Options
K H
K H Registered Posts: 81 Regular contributor ⭐
I have a client who has just bought a new car and is having it signwritten for her business (she has a beauticians shop).

The car is not used very much for the business so i was planning to just claim a percentage of the WDA, and running costs.( I had previously only claimed a reasonable amount for mileage)
Can anyone say if by having it signwritten it would enhance the claim for CA's and/or expenses claim.

Thank you.

K H

Comments

• ademoore
    ademoore Registered Posts: 146 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Personally, I wouldn't have thought so. If by the advertising, their usage increases, then fair enough, but not purely because they have decided to advertise on the car.

I may be wrong, and someone has a different opinion!! Whoever said tax shouldn't be taxing!!:tongue_smilie:
  • stevo5678
    stevo5678 Registered Posts: 325
    Options
    ademoore wrote: »
    Personally, I wouldn't have thought so. If by the advertising, their usage increases, then fair enough, but not purely because they have decided to advertise on the car.

I may be wrong, and someone has a different opinion!! Whoever said tax shouldn't be taxing!!:tongue_smilie:

You can only claim 100% allowances if it's 100% used as a commercial/business vehicle.

No vat will be allowable either.
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    ademoore wrote: »

I'm with you on that one.

Can claim the signwritting costs :D
Privacy Policy