MIP and MAAT

Options
jalalsyed
jalalsyed Registered Posts: 20 Dedicated contributor 🦉
I have a pretty rough history when it comes down to Accounting. But anyways, I passed AAT Technician NVQ level 4 a while ago, I passed it in 2007. I've hadn't really had any work experience since 2010 and I was laid off from my work couple of weeks ago. Now that, I have at least over 1 year od experience, I am applying for MAAT status and I am looking forward to also applying for MIP for self employment. I have some questions regarding this and I'd appreciate if people took the time and answered some of these.

1. Presently, I have just finished and have submitted for my MAAT status. After I get my MAAT status, how do I process to apply for a MIP license?

2. If I get my MAAT status, will there be a increase of chance of me getting better jobs in the industry?

3. Now that I have paid £170 for the MAAT status, will I also have to pay more for the MIP license?

4. To the people who are experienced with being a MIP, is it worth being one? Is it really worth it and is it better than being employed by a company? Also, how much do MIPs get paid at minimum?

Thanks

Comments

• jamesm96
    jamesm96 Registered Posts: 523
    Options
    Hi Jalalsyed, welcome to the forum!
    jalalsyed wrote: »
    1. Presently, I have just finished and have submitted for my MAAT status. After I get my MAAT status, how do I process to apply for a MIP license?
    There's a couple of forms you have to complete with details of your experience and a reference... etc; if you send an email to, or phone, member support they'll send you everything you need.
    2. If I get my MAAT status, will there be a increase of chance of me getting better jobs in the industry?
    I'd say that really depends on the employer; you'll obviously be able to put 'MAAT' after you name so the CV will probably stand out more than if there was just a line in the body of the CV explaining that you've passed the exams.
    3. Now that I have paid £170 for the MAAT status, will I also have to pay more for the MIP license?
    Yes; but if you have only a few clients then they offer a much reduced MIP subscription.
    4. To the people who are experienced with being a MIP, is it worth being one? Is it really worth it and is it better than being employed by a company? Also, how much do MIPs get paid at minimum?
    That absolutely depends on your clients; being MIP allows you to offer your services to the public as a Member of the AAT. How much money you earn and whether or not it's worth it will be dictated by the clients you have, how much you charge them, and how well you run your practice.
Privacy Policy