Logging work experience?

Roma129
Roma129 Registered Posts: 14 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi All

Just wondered when you start logging your work experience to gain the MAAT? Would you do it at the very end once you have completed all exams for level 4 and received your diploma? I understand my Manager needs to sign it but only at the very end before I submit but I am not sure if I should start logging now.

Also, for people who have done this already, did you just list bullet points of each task you are performing on a day-to-day basis and then added them all up to the percentage requested? Or do you write it down in proper report format explaining each task in detail?

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hello Roma

I completed my application and have had all three stages approved - well they have the green tick instead of egg timer. It only took about an hour to complete online. You need to be aware that you are timed out after 30 minutes, so I logged the different periods of work experience and then renewed my logging session.

I completed the whole process (3 steps) online; personal and employer details, professional reference and work experience. There is the fourth step pay your fees. I've not done this yet and not sure how/when I need to do this. Once I receive my final results I guess.

I am awaiting confirmation of my provisional membership but am not 100% sure how it all works.

I definitely recommend that you start logging your work experience now. The process allows you to attach JDs or there is a box for free form text. I listed all my roles, responsibilities and tasks. It asks how many hours you work a week and whether the financial aspect of your job, compared to admin is 50% or more. Once you enter this an email is sent to your manager to verify. You can also see a list of your logged experience and how many weeks you have been awarded. This is helpful if you work part time or have a lot of short term contracts or volunteering posts for example.

Good luck with the process and don't forget to contact the Membership Team if you have any queries.

JC :o
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Roma129
    Roma129 Registered Posts: 14 Regular contributor ⭐
    Thank you for your reply Jo. I just wondered if I should wait until I have completed all exams so I do not have to ask my supervisor at work to verify it every few month. I would rather it just needed to be verified just once and then I attached the job description. I had a look now and it does seem quite straightforward.

I already have all my work experience as per my CV so I could just use that as a basis. Since I do work full time in accounts doing a variety of accounting tasks, I am sure I have 100% work experience in any case.

I still have lots of exams to finish but I like to plan ahead:001_smile:
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Always good to plan :001_tongue:

When you get towards the end of Level 4 you will receive an email from the AAT about applying for full membership. If you don't I would apply half way through your level 4 studies.

Good luck with it!

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • mrb82
    mrb82 Registered Posts: 147 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Is there somewhere on myAAT that will explain what is expected and what you will need to write about? Is it as complicated as the CIMA sign off?
  • aaron0121
    aaron0121 Registered Posts: 422
    Hi Mrb,

This link may help to give you information on what is expected to apply for full membership,
    https://services.aat.org.uk/myaat/services/maatapplication/.
    AAT

Level 2 - 2010
    Level 3 - 2011
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA

F4 - 2015
    F5 - 2015
Privacy Policy