Opinions on ATT

Options
Sailorgirl
Sailorgirl Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi,

Are you studying towards ATT, or are you thinking of doing so.

I am interested in pursuing this route, and would really like to hear from people that are studying or have completed it. Things like:

Is it much harder than Level 4 BTX and PTX?
Has it held your interest?
How many hours study do you/did you put into it?
Seems that there are several modules in there that are quite word orientated rather than the calculations. Have I got that wrong?
Has it led to employment, or a promotion?

Really any comments will be useful, good or bad.

Thank you

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Is it much harder than Level 4 BTX and PTX?

Yes. The AAT tax modules are a "beginners guide to tax" or a good grounding in the basics, whereas the ATT gets into the nitty gritty - well worth doing!

Has it held your interest?

Yes - it's brilliant, I've learned so much.

How many hours study do you/did you put into it?

Couldn't say - it needs lots.

Seems that there are several modules in there that are quite word orientated rather than the calculations. Have I got that wrong?

Yes and no. There are plenty of caluclations too. Have a look at past papers on the ATT website.

Has it led to employment, or a promotion?

n/a, I work for myself. I've found what I've learned very, very, useful though.

Verdict: highly recommended!
  • Sailorgirl
    Options
    Thanks Monsoon,

One last question. Are you studying through long distance learning, college or block release?

Myself and one other are planning to do it through Tolleys, and not sure yet which package to go for. I was really enjoying the discipline of college; but to be honest, it depends so much on the tutor, and this year it has been awful. Most modules I stayed home and self taught.

Thanks again
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I did it all DIY, but then I work in tax, so it's not like I was learning anything new to me, just building on existing knowledge and experience. I used the TQT (BPP) books for the tax modules, and I have the Tolley's pack for the e-assessments.

I registered in 2008, so I've been at it a while! Passed one exam in 2008, and 2 last year :lol:

Just the e-assessments to go.
  • Sailorgirl
    Options
    It will all be new to me, but I am very interested in pursuing tax as a career, so prepared to put the work in. Will also be trying to get work in this field to help, alongside study. I really enjoyed the PTX and BTX modules, and was hoping and thinking that ATT would go into further detail.

I like the fact that you can go at your own pace, I didn't know that was possible.

Well done on your exam success to date.
Privacy Policy