No Trainng Provider?

Chutneye
Chutneye Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
I have noticed a few posts regarding studying without a training provider but cannot seem to get a definite answer as to whether this is allowed by the AAT. Is there anyone who is doing this at the moment and if yes, did you have any problems?

Any help would be much appreciated as this is the way that I would like to proceed with Level 3 but just want to be 100% sure that I am able to.

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hello Chutneye

You do not need to have a training provider at level 3 with the exception of the SPSW (spreadsheets) module.

The same applies for level 4 with the exception of the ICAS (project) module.

The other modules you can self study and sit the exams as an external student at an exam centre such as BPP/Kaplan etc.

Good luck!

JC :o
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • MWAUGH1983
    MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Chutneye,

Yeah you just proceed by yourself and if you need the assessment marked then you pay the extra. I have self studied since november and had spreadsheets, cash mgt and ethics (which are now done) and indirect tax on the 30th. For spreadsheets I paid the usually fee to kaplan to sit the exam which was £46 plus £50 for them to mark it and the result came through within 2 wks.

Martin
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hello Martin

Have you decided who you will be studying Level 4 with yet?

How is the revision for ITX coming along?

JC :001_rolleyes:
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • aaron0121
    aaron0121 Registered Posts: 422
    Kaplan charge £50 to mark the spreadhseets, what a rip off:ohmy: You would think that they would do both for
    the fee of £46.
    AAT

Level 2 - 2010
    Level 3 - 2011
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA

F4 - 2015
    F5 - 2015
  • MWAUGH1983
    MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Jo,

I have PM you.

Aaron,
    You are right it is steep but of the 46 quid that includes the exam fee to the aat and the then the rest is for sitting the exam there - their admin fee. You only pay the £50 if you are external - I didnt sit the unit with kaplan so didnt pay anything else.

Martin
  • tedwalker
    tedwalker Registered Posts: 10 Regular contributor ⭐
    It sounds good, but don't you think its better if we study through a service provider? Sometimes, its better to get support and your questions answered than just sitting wondering about what to do. Its such a relief to know that you have specialized help at hand when you need it the most. I think this is why most of us sign up with service providers. Plus, who has the time these days to keep pondering over a problem or an issue with the course!
Privacy Policy