fnpf exam

Options
zhulme
zhulme Registered Posts: 52 Regular contributor ⭐
Hello folks just want to let you know if you are due to take the fnpf exam make sure you take in a graphical calculatori took a standard pocket one only to find that the calculator didn't go far enough as some of amounts were up to 500,000,000 luckily I also had a graphical calculator but please make sure you do the same as it was for a question worth 25% in section 2. I would have lost these marks if I hadn't have had the:huh: graphical one.

Comments

• aaron0121
    aaron0121 Registered Posts: 422
    Options
    Yeah Zhulme I use a scientific calculator, it really helps especially for working out large figures like in the last
    question of section 2.
    AAT

Level 2 - 2010
    Level 3 - 2011
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA

F4 - 2015
    F5 - 2015
  • welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    .... or you could just do it the old fashioned way and divide all parts of the calculation by the same number to reduce the zeroes

(e.g. 1,000,000,000 divided by 1000 = 1,000,000 and so 500,000,000 divided by 1,000 would be 500,000)

This is how I teach my students and they seem to have no problems with a very basic calculator. To be honest, if you haven't got these basic common-sense/maths skills, you should be asking yourself should you really be studying this LEVEL 4 qualification? I do agree that sometimes the need to switch between metres, centimetres and millimetres can cause problems but, again, you should have these skills at Level 4 (if not, there is an excellent article about working with metric measurements in Accounting Technician a few years ago - and this is still available in the archive
    (https://services.aat.org.uk/at/content/item21742)

Also remember that you must be very careful with the type of calculator you take into an assessment because if it has a programmable function it is not permitted.
  • zhulme
    zhulme Registered Posts: 52 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    welshwizard

Thank you for your comments welshwizard however i do find your tone a little insulting as i do have only one unit left now before becoming an accounts technician and have been in an accounts position for nearly 3 years now, so i do consider myself a good canditate for level 4.

I do agree with what you are saying, however when you are dealing with such large amounts within equations it is easy to get the wrong calculation with the method that you have demonstrated especially with the already present exam stresses that everyone faces.
  • WAD2001
    WAD2001 Registered Posts: 38 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    zhulme wrote: »
    Thank you for your comments welshwizard however i do find your tone a little insulting as i do have only one unit left now before becoming an accounts technician and have been in an accounts position for nearly 3 years now, so i do consider myself a good canditate for level 4.

I do agree with what you are saying, however when you are dealing with such large amounts within equations it is easy to get the wrong calculation with the method that you have demonstrated especially with the already present exam stresses that everyone faces.

Well said
Privacy Policy