Study buddy spreadsheet experiment!

StuartW
StuartW Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Hi all,

This is for those of you who might be interested in finding a study buddy. I was thinking that it can be difficult to search through threads and find someone who meets your requirements - you might want someone you can meet in person, for example, but that depends on geography.

So, an experiment: I wonder if a fully-editable and shareable online spreadsheet would be useful for those of you seeking study buddies? You could fill in your details and scan through to see who is on the same level as you, or in a nearby location. The sharing aspect would mean we could pull in people from other places, too, like Facebook and Twitter or even through emailing it to people.

It might be easier to show rather than tell, so I'm going to leave this link to an example version here and see if anyone uses it!

Feel free to leave as much or as little information as you like - no pressure to leave details you'd rather not share. It's a Google spreadsheet but I've set it so that no sign-in is required, which means your real name/email address will not be visible (you'll show as 'Anonymous user 123', or similar).

Link: AAT study buddy spreadsheet example

What do you think - is this of use? Could it be improved?

Comments

• MarkT
    MarkT Registered Posts: 302
    Great idea! Will hopefully find some others outside of my college for help with level 4 - also I'm open to help those on level 3
  • GemmaS
    GemmaS Registered Posts: 178 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Fantastic idea! :D
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Great Idea :001_smile:
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hi all,

This is for those of you who might be interested in finding a study buddy. I was thinking that it can be difficult to search through threads and find someone who meets your requirements - you might want someone you can meet in person, for example, but that depends on geography.

So, an experiment: I wonder if a fully-editable and shareable online spreadsheet would be useful for those of you seeking study buddies? You could fill in your details and scan through to see who is on the same level as you, or in a nearby location. The sharing aspect would mean we could pull in people from other places, too, like Facebook and Twitter or even through emailing it to people.

It might be easier to show rather than tell, so I'm going to leave this link to an example version here and see if anyone uses it!

Feel free to leave as much or as little information as you like - no pressure to leave details you'd rather not share. It's a Google spreadsheet but I've set it so that no sign-in is required, which means your real name/email address will not be visible (you'll show as 'Anonymous user 123', or similar).

Link: AAT study buddy spreadsheet example

What do you think - is this of use? Could it be improved?

Brilliant is what I think! :thumbup1:
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • geek84
    geek84 Registered Posts: 568 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Yes, I agree with all you folks.

I have just added myself to the spreadsheet.
  • yan18
    yan18 Registered Posts: 19 Regular contributor โญ
    Great idea!!
    I've added my details on the spreadsheet :thumbup1:
  • Sammmy88
    Sammmy88 Registered Posts: 283 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Fab Idea!! I will be adding to the list!
    Level 2 - Passed 2011
    Level 3 - Passed 2012
    Level 4 - Passed 2014

Awaiting to start CIMA :)
  • MWAUGH1983
    MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    This is an excellent idea; thanks stuart for all your help and suppport!

I've add my details to the list.

Cheers
    Martin
  • toria1979
    toria1979 Registered Posts: 34 Regular contributor โญ
    i have added myself to it!
    im stuck on level 4 pev, ptx and fnst !!!!
    any help gratefully recieved!
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    i have added myself to it!
    im stuck on level 4 pev, ptx and fnst !!!!
    any help gratefully recieved!

Hi for FNST have you seen this link from Steve Collings may help!

http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?34242-FNST-Tips
  • shouston
    shouston Registered Posts: 1 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    study buddy spreadsheet

Great idea, have added my details. I am in SW Norfolk, would be brilliant to get to know other students in the area. I am on Computerised Accounting on L2 and am hoping to get onto L3 in October.
  • SamiH
    SamiH Registered Posts: 179 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    A great idea, have added myself :)
  • Makkusu
    Makkusu Registered Posts: 94 Regular contributor โญ
    Great idea! Bookmarked and adding myself in a sec!
  • Cyclingdog
    Cyclingdog Registered Posts: 1
    Is the link above still updated?
    Is there anyone here studying level 4 at the moment? Looking for a buddy around North London, currently self-studying Budgeting.
Privacy Policy