ATT Student

Options
wildgoose1uk
wildgoose1uk Registered Posts: 200 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
What publications do you get as a student of the ATT as opposed to being a member. I know there is a difference between what the students get and what the members but I am not quite sure what they are.

Thanks

wg

Comments

Newbie Registered Posts: 229 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    As a ATT student I dont seem to get any publications, I believe you can get tax adviser magazine once qualified, I have to say im finding the syllabus hard
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I get PQ magazine, that's it.
  • wildgoose1uk
    Options
    That's weird! Yesterday I spoke to the student section and they told me I would get the Tolley Tax Guide and Hardman's tables as a student but not the magazine....... Sounded odd to me which was why I asked the question.
  • peaman
    peaman Registered Posts: 123 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Members receive the monthly Tax Adviser magazine, and once a year we receive Tolley Tax Guide, Hardmans, a mouse mat with tax data on it, and tax rates cards.

I thought I remember receiving the Tax Adviser whilst studying, but I might be mistaken. Although, this was a few years back, maybe they have stopped this since then!

The Tax Adviser magazine is good, it actually has articles that are worth reading, unlike the AAT magazine, which seems to be solely aimed at students.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    That's weird! Yesterday I spoke to the student section and they told me I would get the Tolley Tax Guide and Hardman's tables as a student but not the magazine....... Sounded odd to me which was why I asked the question.

If so, I've been missing out for 4 years!!
  • JJH1969
    JJH1969 Registered Posts: 110 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    When I became a student I received 2 complementary copies of Tax Adviser and I receive PQ. You dont receive anything else as a student.I agree that the Tax Adviser magazine is excellent!
  • wildgoose1uk
    Options
    You would think they would know wouldn't you........
  • Dean
    Dean Registered Posts: 646 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options

The "Hardman's Tax Rates & Tables" have now been replaced by "Bloomsbury's" version. You still get a 'paperback' copy but you can now also download a copy of it onto your computer to 'cut & paste' bits if you need to. Much better in my opinion.

Regards

Dean

p.s you also get a copy of the finance act in paperback too.
Privacy Policy