Cost & Revenues

bradp5
bradp5 Registered Posts: 8 Regular contributor ⭐
Failed cost & revenues again! Exam was nothing like practise papers online or in the books. My course has finished now, I obviously need some tuition anyone know how to get some as dont want to pay for another resit. Phoned the AAT they were most unhelpful!!!!!!!!! Passed all the other modules so just this one to do!

Any advice please?

Comments

• janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hi

Sorry to hear you failed, which books were you using? I found the Kaplan books really helped me as the questions were more like the exam questions.

Where are you in the country as someone may bem prepared to meet up with you and help.

Good luck

Jan
  • MarkT
    MarkT Registered Posts: 302
    In what way were they (AAT) unhelpful?

All I can say is that if you wish to pass the level you are going to have to pay for the resit. Nobody can be at fault for the way in which the exam is laid on out on the mock CBE on the AAT site and the format for the exam. If you attempted to learn the subject via satisfying yourself that you can pass a mock test, then you will fail I'm sorry to say.

If you used a local college or distance learning company, they would be the best place to go for the extra help - but again, you're going to have to pay for the resit either way
  • bradp5
    I think someone should be accountable for the layout of the mock exams, surely a mock exam is just that. A 'mock' of the real thing
  • bradp5
    Sorry meant the layout of the real exam!
  • Jurgita
    Jurgita Registered Posts: 6 Regular contributor ⭐
    Cost and Revenues - how long does it takes to learn this module

Hello all,

I am just about to book Cost and Revenues exam sitting at my local BPP exam centre...
    I haven't opened the books yet for this module, but I need to book the assesment 4 weeks before it.

Just wonder will it be enough to learn everything about Cost & Revenues in 4 weeks time? I have to mention that I am full time working and I am self learing... but I do spend some time after work and more on weekends for my studies. I have read many opinions about this exam, most people say that it is quite difficult...

Appreciate your opinions.

Thank you.
  • bradp5
    I found it really difficult due to the fact that it is nothing like the practice CBA on the website. I did the greenlight & went through the book did all the questions & the papers in the books too! Still didnt manage to pass so obviously didnt understand the questions as they were so far removed from everything I had done.

Good Luck
  • Diddy Mau
    Diddy Mau Registered Posts: 238 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    bradp5 wrote: »
    Failed cost & revenues again! Exam was nothing like practise papers online or in the books. My course has finished now, I obviously need some tuition anyone know how to get some as dont want to pay for another resit. Phoned the AAT they were most unhelpful!!!!!!!!! Passed all the other modules so just this one to do!

Any advice please?
    Have to ask, but what do you need from the AAT?
    janwal wrote: »
    Hi

Sorry to hear you failed, which books were you using? I found the Kaplan books really helped me as the questions were more like the exam questions.

Where are you in the country as someone may bem prepared to meet up with you and help.

Good luck

Jan
    Jan, has some good advice. Also the forum is good to bounce ideas off people, and the study buddy system. Or buy a different book. £20 is a good investment if it means you pass this exam
    MarkT wrote: »
    If you used a local college or distance learning company, they would be the best place to go for the extra help - but again, you're going to have to pay for the resit either way
    The college's are now closed, apart from some last exams. I think Bradp means he doesnt want to pay and fail again. Not have to pay in general. If I read this correctly.
    bradp5 wrote: »
    I think someone should be accountable for the layout of the mock exams, surely a mock exam is just that. A 'mock' of the real thing
    Sorry, but I totally disagree.
    the AAT will change the style of exam layout. This prevents people learing the format rather than the question. So I agree with Mark.
    Level 4, is much harder and this exam is a lot like FNPF.

Bradp, I am struggling with level 4. I have booked an exam in 2 weeks, and have now purchased a book to help, as like you, the college is now closed for lessons.
    Remember, learn the question and not the format and you will be fine.
    If you get stuck, again ask here for help
  • BeccaLouJ9
    BeccaLouJ9 Registered Posts: 896 Epic contributor 🐘
    You shouldn't be learning the layout of the questions on the page, you should be learning the actual syllabus and understanding the unit. Then however the questions are laid out or worded you can apply that knowledge. It isn't a test of you remembering how it's set out, it's a test of your sound understanding of the topic. You should be able to answer any questions, worded in any way.

Good Luck with your resit though. Just keep using all the resources, Greenlight, Mocks etc.

B x
  • Haysah
    Haysah Registered Posts: 80 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi,
    I found doing some of the old style NVQ papers helped me prepare as they are much closer to the exam lay out and you get the questions given to you in a variety of fromats so you never get comfortable with one style of question. I also osborne books and Kaplan. I agree with Janwal Kaplan were better questions but a lot of mistakes in the text book for this unit which can be off putting when you are learning. It really is about learning the formulas and understanding what is going on. Good Luck!!:001_smile:
  • j1994
    j1994 Registered Posts: 106
    Hi can u link the questions that u did got my exam and really scared
Privacy Policy