How to approach employer??

ruscus1978
ruscus1978 Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
Dear All,

I am in need of a little help... I want to start my AAT training just as soon as possible but with the financial help/support of my employer. I have already discussed the options available with my HR department but now need to approach my line manager and that is we're I am becoming a little stuck! Silly I know, but can anyone out there give me some pointers as to how best to approach my line manager and tell him that I wish to start my AAT training??

Any help/pointers/guidance at this stage much appreciated.

Many thanks,
Russell

Comments

• janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hi Russell

I know what you mean, I had been wanting to do AAT for ages but didn't get on too well with my line manager and knew she would block me if I asked. In the end I mentioned it to the person in charge of the training budget and they went above he to my dept manager. Everyone was all for it, she was grimm faced but had to go along with it. Now 2 years down the line as I complete level 3 she actually made a card to congratulate me and a certificate for me.

Maybe the best bet is to sit down and have a chat with him, explain what you would like to do and how much extra confidence it would give you to improve in the job you do. I know sometimes it is the fear they are going to loose you to someone else and my line manager keeps pointing this out especially at the moment as there are vacancies in other depts that would pay more but I enjoy what I do.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Jan
  • ruscus1978
    ruscus1978 Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    Hi,

Thank you for your words of wisdom, very much appreciated and totally taken on board!

Many thanks,
    Russell
  • MarkT
    MarkT Registered Posts: 302
    Another great selling point is the fact that they will be getting a return for their money and that once you have sat the entire course, you will have learned a fantastic amount and therefore make you a valuable asset to the company.
Privacy Policy