Urgent help needed spreadsheets exam tomorrow Cash Flow!!

carriecusick
carriecusick Registered Posts: 35 Epic contributor 🐘
Just been doing some last minute revision and one of the tasks says 'Prepare a monthly cash flow forecast' and don't know where to start! I'm confused as to why i would need to know what a cash flow forecast looks like in order to sit an exam for spreadsheets. I have never even seen a cashflow forcast so i have no idea what the properties of one are. Am i meant to know this? it doesn't explain how to do one in the book.

My exam is tomorrow and i was confident until now... will someone please explain!!

Thanks

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Hello Carrie

Where did this question come from?

The actual assessment I sat was very similar to the practice assessment and from memory this does not ask for a monthly cash flow forecast.

If you don't reply before tomorrow good luck with your assessment, I'm sure you will be ok.

JC :)
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Jo Clark
    Have you sat Cash Management?
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Jo Clark
    You need to construct a spreadsheet which shows sales, cash receipts, cash payments, other payments e.g. dividends/capital purchases. You'll need to show net cash flow, the balance b/f and the balance c/f.
    Benjamin Franklin
  • carriecusick
    carriecusick Registered Posts: 35 Epic contributor 🐘
    hi jo, thanks for your reply. I have not sat cash management as i didn't think i would need to before attempting this paper, soiam panicing a bit! This question is from the bpp workbook, it is one of the practice tasks at the back of the book. . It doesn't appear in either of the practice exams i have seen so hopefully it won't come up. Is there an easy way to remember what to include in a cash flow? Is there a format that they need to be in or look like. Thanks
Privacy Policy