Options
2»

Comments

• Louise89
    Louise89 Registered Posts: 296 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Monsoon wrote: »
    Alas, no.

My inner goddess squirms at the use of English. Oh my! Holy cow! MILLS AND BOON IS BETTER WRITTEN! I gasp at my shocking revelation, which is like an accountant being shocked at a smiley face on a HMRC letter, which is just silly. I ponder on Mr Grey's long fingers and I c0ck my head, wondering what I should read next. Maybe I should read something that reads a bit like a young woman's tiring monologue that repeats itself and uses literary cliches to make millions of pounds. Oh my! I want to jump on the bandwagon of bookwriting, but I worry that I won't be able to write monotonous sex like some people do. Oh my.

Oh Monsoon, you have just made my day! That was funny :)

I am also very tempted to buy Fifty Shames of Earl Grey!
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Are you sure your inner goddess wasn't squirming on her chaise lounge? :001_tongue:
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Gem7321 wrote: »
    Are you sure your inner goddess wasn't squirming on her chaise lounge? :001_tongue:

I already burned the chaise longue.
  • Monsoon
    Options
    Louise89 wrote: »
    Oh Monsoon, you have just made my day! That was funny :)

I am also very tempted to buy Fifty Shames of Earl Grey!

At your service, milady ;)

I've now read Fifty Shames of Earl Grey. It's amusing but wasn't as funny as I hoped, but it does have its moments! :)
  • Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    blobbyh wrote: »
    Chaucer wrote smut centuries ago and then you had DH Lawrence in Victorian times doing the same. Do the Shades books use some tasty Anglo Saxon words then to separate them from Mills and Boon?
    Having to be "forced" to read Chaucer for A levels ( and didn't bother revising for it) and not having read Lady Chatterly (which was written in the 1920's NOT Victorian times) I think I'll give 50 Shades a miss. There's been so much hype about it, makes me Not want to read it.
    On the other hand, I may buy LCL for the next holiday reading. Thanks Blobby!
  • Louise89
    Louise89 Registered Posts: 296 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Jan wrote: »
    Having to be "forced" to read Chaucer for A levels ( and didn't bother revising for it) and not having read Lady Chatterly (which was written in the 1920's NOT Victorian times) I think I'll give 50 Shades a miss. There's been so much hype about it, makes me Not want to read it.
    On the other hand, I may buy LCL for the next holiday reading. Thanks Blobby!

Lady Chatterley's Lover is definitely worth a read. :)
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I always thought DHL was around in Victorian times but I see it was published in 1928. Oh well, namby pamby crapp all the same. I was forced to read Chaucer and Thomas Hardy for my own English Lit A level - hated both of them. Old Shakey was enjoyable though...
  • Monsoon
    Options
    We did Chaucer's Miller's Tale (that's the rude one, folks).

It was funny :D
  • David Banner
    David Banner Registered Posts: 28 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Well done for obtaining almost 1500 hits. Sex sells!

Regards.

CW
Privacy Policy