Premier Training

Fran0240
Fran0240 Registered Posts: 12 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi

I'm new to posting on the forum, but I have been looking at threads posted for the past week. I initially wanted to self study but quickly changed my mind as I want to fully comprehend each level . I just wanted to get current reviews from those who have been studying with premier training.

I know they use the Osborne books but not all of them, do you think I should buy the Osborne books for level 2? And are the Premier books easy to understand?

Comments

• GemmaS
    GemmaS Registered Posts: 178 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hi! The books premier provides for level 2 are very comprehensive. The support is also excellent so I would definately recommend them :D
  • Fran0240
    Thanks for replying GemmaS.
  • SashaDella
    SashaDella Registered Posts: 362
    Premier have been really good, Im studying level 2 (on my last exam) and have been very pleased with the resources!

They give you a Premier BA1/2 book which I used and was all I needed to pass the exams as well as using the assignments, mocks from Premier and the AAT CBA's.

BC and WEAF you get the Osbourne books for, which are really good books!

Sasha
  • Fran0240
    Thanks guys!! I've just downloaded John R. Dyson's 8th edition of 'Accounting for Non-Accountants' for free just to get a head start before I get money to start the course.

If anyone's interested here's the link

http://www.pdfbook.co.ke/details.php?title=Accounting%20for%20Non-Accounting%20Students&author=John%20R.%20Dyson&category=Finance%20%7C%20Money&eid=4891&type=Book
  • SashaDella
    As a Premier student for level 2 with zero prior experience in accounts. I would recommend buying the Osbourne books and working through them and the AAT exams and greenlight.

Without a training provider. You can also use this forum for things your are struggling on. I really haven't struggled with any of the units and haven't called a tutor once at Premier. After you start studying and pass the first exam your confidence boosts and you know what to expect from how much time you need to study etc.

Good Luck!
  • Fran0240
    SashaDella wrote: »
    As a Premier student for level 2 with zero prior experience in accounts. I would recommend buying the Osbourne books and working through them and the AAT exams and greenlight.

Without a training provider. You can also use this forum for things your are struggling on. I really haven't struggled with any of the units and haven't called a tutor once at Premier. After you start studying and pass the first exam your confidence boosts and you know what to expect from how much time you need to study etc.

Good Luck!

Thanks SashaDella

But the main problem that I faced with deciding on whether to self study, was the issue of being able to sign up for AAT membership and the cost of having to buy the seperate packages for the computer based projects + books all adding up to roughly the same amount as the distance learning package.

Also the fact that Premier Training offers the Sage accounts course for free was winning me over lol
  • Sam22
    Sam22 Registered Posts: 117 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hi,

I went with Premier Training for my Level 2 which I passed in April. I had no experience in accounting before I started studying and I found that their books were really good. I used the tutor a couple of times and he was always great.

I too also thought about self-study as I didn't use the tutor that much. However I decided to use Premier again as they really are one of, if not the cheapest ones out there and so helpful. Knowing that you have tutor support there if you need it and all your study materials included won over the self-study idea for me.
  • SashaDella
    You have to sign up for AAT membership in addition to the training provider.

You have to fork out
    £115 membership
    £33 per exam + fee

=£355

What Premier give you for £615:
    £6 per book (BA1=2,BA2=2,BC=2, WEAF=1) so £6 x 7 = £42 + postage
    Premier sage accounts course is £50.

Bought by you = £100

I would use a provider for level 3 and 4, but level 2 I really didn't need one
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    You have to sign up for AAT membership in addition to the training provider.

You have to fork out
    £115 membership
    £33 per exam + fee

=£355

What Premier give you for £615:
    £6 per book (BA1=2,BA2=2,BC=2, WEAF=1) so £6 x 7 = £42 + postage
    Premier sage accounts course is £50.

Bought by you = £100

I would use a provider for level 3 and 4, but level 2 I really didn't need one

Don't forget that if you study on your own you will need to pay a provider for the assessed units, currently WEAF and CMPA but from October it will just be CMPA. These units are about £115 each I think which covers the cost of scheduling the assessment and marking a mock paper and the live paper, the cost of the assessment would be on top of that. So that's just over £300 vs Premier's £600, still significantly cheaper but worth bearing in mind.
  • SashaDella
    If you say you don't need one for WEAF from October, you don't need one for CMPA if you do it through the SAGE certification, do you?

I would have paid for the training provider and have, although on hindsight I feel it was money I could have saved. (employer paid, so it didn't matter to me!)
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    If you say you don't need one for WEAF from October, you don't need one for CMPA if you do it through the SAGE certification, do you?

I would have paid for the training provider and have, although on hindsight I feel it was money I could have saved. (employer paid, so it didn't matter to me!)

If you're studying on your own you need to do CMPA. I don't know about the sage certification thing but presumably if you were studying on your own you'd need to pay for this as well. I don't know how you'd go about getting it reported as acredited prior learning though against the CMPA unit as this is something that a provider would normally do and if you've not got a provider I don't know who'd do it.
  • SashaDella
    Yes thats a good point - shouldn't be too hard though?

Coojee - what level are you on at the moment?

Sasha
Privacy Policy