Financial Statements Exam

Starryeyes
Starryeyes Registered Posts: 24 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone can shed any light.....

I have just been doing the AAT cba on FNST, which was quite straightforward, then there is another cba underneath the first one which is completely different.
Has anyone sat there exam that has come across this other cba, it had adjustments and completely different ratio's
Im worried now incase I get my exam like that one.
All the reports I have read on here always say the exam is like the cba....I hope so, cos I can't get my head around the other one.

Help!!!!!!!

Comments

• NicF
    NicF Registered Posts: 108 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Starryeyes wrote: »
    Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone can shed any light.....

I have just been doing the AAT cba on FNST, which was quite straightforward, then there is another cba underneath the first one which is completely different.
    Has anyone sat there exam that has come across this other cba, it had adjustments and completely different ratio's
    Im worried now incase I get my exam like that one.
    All the reports I have read on here always say the exam is like the cba....I hope so, cos I can't get my head around the other one.

Help!!!!!!!

If you have covered all the syllabus and know the subject properly then you should be able to complete both CBAs with no difficulty and think that they are pretty much the same (I know I did). The layout of the actual exam is very much like the practise exams (you will get written questions in the same place etc) but the actual questions will be very different and could be from any part of the syllabus. If you have prepared for the exam ony by learning what is on one of the practise CBAs then I'm afraid you are likely to get questions you cannot answer and are likely to fail.

I'm not sure how long you have before your exam but it looks to me like you are not yet ready to take it and need to go back to the course material to ensure you understand all the syllabus. Sorry if this sounds harsh.
  • nicd1981
    nicd1981 Registered Posts: 243 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Starryeyes, the second CBA starts with the cash flow statement, if you have the Osborne book it is chapter 6, not sure about the kaplan book.

Goodluck

Nic x
    Nicola Donnelly ,MAAT, MIP, CIMA Dip MA

Email: donnellynicola7@gmail.com
    Facbook Page: MEND Accounting
    Blog: http://wannabeanaccountant.blogspot.co.uk
    Twitter: @mendaccounting
  • azzy
    azzy Registered Posts: 23 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi

Any advice on the Persoanal tax exam is it similar to the Practice CBT?

Thanks
    azzy
  • nicd1981
    nicd1981 Registered Posts: 243 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Azzy, i sat PTX 2 weeks ago and id say its pretty much the same as practice cba, no nasty surprises

only thing i wasnt sure about was the very last question on capital losses, so if your not hot on them read up xx

Good luck, when are you sitting it?

Nic x
    Nicola Donnelly ,MAAT, MIP, CIMA Dip MA

Email: donnellynicola7@gmail.com
    Facbook Page: MEND Accounting
    Blog: http://wannabeanaccountant.blogspot.co.uk
    Twitter: @mendaccounting
  • azzy
    azzy Registered Posts: 23 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Nic

Thanks for the reply.... have you done business tax? am due to sit it on 16th Aug.
    Personal tax 30th Aug

I hate these tax exam.
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hello

It has been said before in other posts, so please don't hate me... it is not advisable to question spot or base your readiness to sit the exam on if you can pass the practice CBAs. Although these are excellent resources do not expect your exam to be exactely the same. Many students have commented on this at level 3 for cost and revenues and level 4 for financial performance. Make sure you have studied the syllabus thoroughly and can answer the questions in whatever format they may be asked.

Good luck, I'm sure you will be fine.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
Privacy Policy