DONT PAY ACCA Exemptions Fees....

stephleedz
stephleedz Registered Posts: 179 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
Just thought everyone should know....

If anyone is due to finish their AAT and go on to ACCA you will already be aware that you will be exempt from F1, F2 and F3...but will have been told that you have to pay for your exemption £165 in total. WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found out the hard way but once you have received your Level 4 certificate from the AAT upload it on ACCA and this will mean you do not have to pay for your exeptions of £165. I registerd with ACCA back in May and due to the fact that my employer pays all my study fees paid for my exemptions around the same time. I have received confirmation this morning from Pat at ACCA Kinnect that once you have received AAT Level 4 certificate and you have uploaded a copy for the AAT to view you can (if you have already paid for your exemptions like me) get a refund.

steph

Comments

• coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    stephleedz wrote: »
    Just thought everyone should know....

If anyone is due to finish their AAT and go on to ACCA you will already be aware that you will be exempt from F1, F2 and F3...but will have been told that you have to pay for your exemption £165 in total. WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found out the hard way but once you have received your Level 4 certificate from the AAT upload it on ACCA and this will mean you do not have to pay for your exeptions of £165. I registerd with ACCA back in May and due to the fact that my employer pays all my study fees paid for my exemptions around the same time. I have received confirmation this morning from Pat at ACCA Kinnect that once you have received AAT Level 4 certificate and you have uploaded a copy for the AAT to view you can (if you have already paid for your exemptions like me) get a refund.

steph

Im surprised at this as ACCA have always charged a fee for exemptions and their website is quite clear about the fact that you will have to pay for each paper that you're exempt from. I can't see why AAT students would be treated any differently to anyone else claiming the same exemptions. Are you sure this is definately what she meant?
  • stephleedz
    stephleedz Registered Posts: 179 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    When AAT changes the qualification to QCF back in July 2010, anyone who has received their AAT Level 4 certificate from July 2010 onwards is under QCF and therefore is
    Not liable for paying exemptions fees with ACCA. Anyone who has already laid these exemption fees at te time of registration (like me) and is awaiting level 4 certificate can get a refund on their exemption fees. I found this out purely by luck but felt due to the costs involved that everyone had a right to know.
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Well I never.....they don't publicise that very well do they, the sneaky so and so's. Thank you for mentioning it.
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Can you explain that In more detail? I'm not sure I understand TBH.

I've got an AAT certificate dated Aug 2010. Is there a form I need to fill in for ACCA to refund these fees?
  • jow774
    jow774 Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Yes please explain in more detail someone. I got my certificate in Aug 2010 too and would like to know if I need to pay for exemptions if I start ACCA???
  • dantray
    dantray Registered Posts: 72 Regular contributor ⭐
    Is this true?

I completed AAT in the June 2010 and paid my £165 ACCA exemption fee earlier this year.

Can I claim this back?
  • mini_schnauzer
    mini_schnauzer Registered Posts: 347 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I today called ACCA, as I paid £165 for exemption from F1,F2,F3.

ACCA confirmed that if you passed AAT via the NVQ or Diploma route, then the exemption cost applies.
    If you have passed AAT via QCF route - then NO exemption fees will be payable.

No refund for me.:glare:
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    Rozzi Rainbow Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I also passed via the NVQ route. That seems unfair on us that newer AAT qualifieds can reclaim their exemptions and we can't :( Surely an exemption is an exemption and is all processed the same regardless of how you obtained the exemption, so the same cost/no cost should apply to all!
Privacy Policy