General consensus on signed pages

Newbie Registered Posts: 229 Dedicated contributor 🦉
I am used to sending tax returns off via email approval irmark etc but with limited accounts and abbreviated do I still need signed pages or can I accept approval by email

Comments

• jamesm96
    jamesm96 Registered Posts: 523
    Newbie wrote: »
    I am used to sending tax returns off via email approval irmark etc but with limited accounts and abbreviated do I still need signed pages or can I accept approval by email

I've been known to accept email approval for LTD accounts, but I always send paper copies afterward; I just like to have something tangible on my file.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    We use specific email approval by default. I always ask for hard copies but if they don't materialise I don't chase (unless they are a particular type of client for whom I want additional boxes ticked).
    Newbie Registered Posts: 229 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Thanks monsoon, what specific wording do you use, I presume you include the CT IRmark?
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Newbie wrote: »
    Thanks monsoon, what specific wording do you use, I presume you include the CT IRmark?

I, NAME, of XXX LTD have read and signed my company accounts and corporation tax return as attached to Monsoon&Co’s email of 27/01/2012, and authorise these (or with agreed amendments). I hereby authorise Monsoon&Co to submit these accounts to Companies House and the accounts and tax return to HMRC online.

I don't think I get CT IRMarks

I, NAME, have read and signed my tax return as attached to Monsoon&Co’s email of 03/07/2012. I hereby authorise Monsoon&Co to submit my 2011-12 tax return with IR Mark xxxxxxxxxxxxx (or with agreed amendments) online.
Privacy Policy