How long do you have to pass Level 4?

Options
mattwilkes85
mattwilkes85 Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
Hi,

I have completed Level 2 and 3 and will be starting Level 4 at college in September. However, I will be away for approximately a month at the end of May which is when previous exams on levels 2/3 have taken place.

Does anyone know if you can pass what you can, and then go back once the college re-opens for the next year to finish? or do you need to complete the whole course within a certain time period?

Also, if I do 4 exams at college, can I then do the rest somewhere else over the Summer when college is closed, if that makes sense?

I'm not sure what my options are or how the course works? Ie, do you keep the modules passed forever and come back to those you havn't?

Any help/advice would be great.

Cheers.

Comments

• aaron0121
    aaron0121 Registered Posts: 422
    Options
    Hi Matt,

I'm also studying aat level 4 at a college and there wan't enough time for the course to finish this year. So
    my college gave us a 2 month contract extension which does start in September. I would suggest you asking
    your college the contract for the level 4, if the course doesn't finish in the college year would the course
    be extended into next year.
    You can sit exams in the summer at exam test centres e.g. Kaplan, but the fees are probably more expensive
    then what a college would charge.
    If you pass a module that pass stays with you forever, as long as you keeping paying aat membership fees
    you can sit exams when ever you please. There is no set time to finish the course, unless aat changes its
    exam policies :)
    AAT

Level 2 - 2010
    Level 3 - 2011
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA

F4 - 2015
    F5 - 2015
  • mattwilkes85
    mattwilkes85 Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Thanks Aaron, thats great, at least if I can't fit it all in this year I can come back and do the outstanding modules as soon as I have time!
  • vickie88
    vickie88 Registered Posts: 58 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I study with Kaplan and as far as am aware there isn't a time period you have to be finished by, all we was told was that our ICAS project had to be in before we sat our last exam.

I started my level 4 in May 2011 but because of the way the timetable was set out and the subjects I have picked and my re sit for financial performance i am still not finished. x
Privacy Policy