ICAS - Project sign off

Options
KimGlynn27
KimGlynn27 Registered Posts: 10 Regular contributor โญ
Hi :)

How long does it normally take for the project or be signed off/ find out if you passed?

I submitted mine on 12th July and still havent heard anything :|

I only need my results from that & Business Tax and then I'm done foreverrrr!!!! :laugh:

Fingers crossed!!

Thanks in advance :001_smile:

Comments

• villapb
    villapb Registered Posts: 357
    Options
    AAT say you should have a response for submission within 2 weeks...........
  • villapb
    villapb Registered Posts: 357
    Options
    ps id be chasing it.................now
  • Col Snaders
    Col Snaders Registered Posts: 14 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    I submitted mine on 28th June and I haven't heard anything. I am also unable to get hold of my tutor.
  • Tracyevans14
    Tracyevans14 Registered Posts: 35 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I submitted mine on the 7th May and still not heard, plus I haven't heard from AAT regarding my credit management assessment which I completed on the 28th may.
  • aaron0121
    aaron0121 Registered Posts: 422
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I submitted my ICAS end of June and received the competent mark end of July.

I'm not quite sure how the process works but I think it's along these lines.

1. After submitting your project on learn plus, the project goes straight to the assessor for marking.

2. After the assessor has marked your project you should receive a feedback report in the completed
    assessment section in your learn plus area. By now your project should say 'awaiting assessment outcome'

3. Then the internal verifier will have to approve the assessor feedback, this can be done in the space of 1 week
    or even 2-3 months dependant on how long the internal verifier takes to approve the assessors report.

4. Once the internal verifier has verified your project result, the pass will then be confirmed as competent in your
    learn plus area which will then come up as competent in your my aat.

AAT have no say in the marking of ICAS and credit control - the outcome of these modules all depends on your
    assessor and how long the assessor takes to mark your work then send to the internal verifier.

Hope this helps :)
    AAT

Level 2 - 2010
    Level 3 - 2011
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA

F4 - 2015
    F5 - 2015
  • vickie88
    vickie88 Registered Posts: 58 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    It took about 9 weeks to mark my first draft and I submitted my second draft about 3 weeks ago and not heard anything back yet x
  • Tracyevans14
    Options
    Thanks aaron.

I've emailed aat in any event as I cannot get hold of my tutor and I need to confirm that it's been sent in for verification.
  • aaron0121
    aaron0121 Registered Posts: 422
    Options
    No worries Tracy :thumbup1:

You really should have had your results by now

Have you received your assessor feedback report yet?
    AAT

Level 2 - 2010
    Level 3 - 2011
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA

F4 - 2015
    F5 - 2015
  • Tracyevans14
    Options
    I've not received anything from my tutor. I've seen her feedback before I uploaded it all to the aat. With regards my credit management I've had verbal confirmation that it's been assessed as comptetent but it doesn't shows on my learn plus.
  • KimGlynn27
    KimGlynn27 Registered Posts: 10 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    I submitted it to my tutor the begining of July and she gave me the all clear to upload it to the AAT but I havent heard anything since. I did my corse at college so the college is now closed for the summer meaning I cant speak to my tutor! I will email the AAT like you said.

Thanks for your helo :thumbup1:
  • Tracyevans14
    Options
    I'm in the same boat Kim but submitted mine in May. I've emailed the aat for an update.
  • katsutlieff
    katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I rang the AAT today regarding my project. It was submitted and marked as competent on the 7 June.

I'm at the awaiting assessment outcome stage. I explained this is the only thing I'm waiting on to claim my exemptions from the ACCA, I have missed the August batch of certificates so I'm looking at September to be able to claim them and enrol at college.

The AAT have no control over the marking of the projects and impose no time constraints on the assessors to mark them within a reasonable time frame.

I find this completely unacceptable, if the AAT can mark our exams within six weeks then the projects should comes under the same restraints
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I rang the AAT today regarding my project. It was submitted and marked as competent on the 7 June.

I'm at the awaiting assessment outcome stage. I explained this is the only thing I'm waiting on to claim my exemptions from the ACCA, I have missed the August batch of certificates so I'm looking at September to be able to claim them and enrol at college.

The AAT have no control over the marking of the projects and impose no time constraints on the assessors to mark them within a reasonable time frame.

I find this completely unacceptable, if the AAT can mark our exams within six weeks then the projects should comes under the same restraints

The AAT do impose time restraints on providers; assessments (and this includes ICAS reports) should be marked within 2 weeks and should be verified within a further 2 weeks. The problem seems to be that the AAT don't enforce their own guidelines. There are many providers who don't meet these targets but there are no repercussions from the AAT, this is why it's always advisable to contact the AAT if your provider is consistently late marking work. If the AAT aren't aware that the provider isn't meeting the targets then they can't do anything about it. Having said that I'd be interested to hear from someone at the AAT about what they actually do when providers don't meet the targets as I've not heard of any providers ever getting any sanctions for not meeting targets.
  • Louise89
    Louise89 Registered Posts: 296 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Urgh, this ICAS is killing me!

It is the only assessment left I need for my certificate and very time pressured with applying for my exemptions in order to book my CIMA exams for November... and just found out my assessor is on holiday, bad timing.

:(
  • katsutlieff
    Options
    coojee, is that in writing anywhere.

The lady I spoke with at the AAT was quite adamant that they impose no time scales on the colleges to mark the projects

If I wished to make a complaint about the length of time taken to mark the ICAS I need to go though the colleges grievance procedures before the AAT will step in. I apparently have to give the college a reasonable amount of time to answer my grievance, since they feel nine weeks to mark my project is a reasonable amount of time I not holding out much hope of scooting them along :mad2:
  • System
    System Posts: 103,151 ๐Ÿค– Admin ๐Ÿค–
    Options
    Hello katsutlieff

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties having your ICAS assessment marked and verified.

When AAT External Verifiers (EVs) sample assessments, they do check to ensure that they are being assessed and verified within the agreed timescales. Unfortunately, this tends to be "after the event" as the sampling exercise takes place after the assessment results have been reported.

I cannot discuss particular cases, but I can confirm that failure to assess and verify work within agreed timescales may lead to a sanction.

In this instance, I urge you to contact your training provider and to file a formal complaint , using the centre's official complaints procedure. AAT advise student members to pursue their complaint with the AAT training provider concerned first, as we have found that in most cases the complaint can be quickly and easily resolved at a local level without AAT involvement.

However, if you do so and find that you are still unable to resolve your issue or are dissatisfied with the response you receive from your training provider, I ask that you contact us at aatstandards@aat.org.uk

We will then follow up with your training provider. We will ask that you provide us with copies of all correspondence between you and the training provider in relation to the issue as well as your permission to share the correspondence with your training provider.

I hope you find this response helpful. I am confident that a formal complaint will 'grease the wheels' and should help resolve the issue for you at the centre. But please remember that we are here to assist you if you still aren't having any luck.

Regards

Adam White
  • katsutlieff
    Options
    Thank you Adam for the reply and I will speak with you on Monday.

Unfortunately I don't seem to be the only one with this problem. We have to go via a provider to complete the project and pay a lot of money to the providers and in return we get minimal help and support from them. We had a one hour lecture regarding the project and that was it. The mentor we were given, everyone gave up with as she never replied to emails. One of the other students only got help once her employer got involved
  • katsutlieff
    Options
    Ten weeks waiting now for the IV to mark my project. This has completely taken the shine off finishing the AAT
  • dyzio
    dyzio Registered Posts: 35 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Hi guys,

I must say that I have very different experience from yours (so far). I have submitted my first draft on 23rd July, got it marked on the 28th. Then I've submitted my second draft on the 6th of August, received a reply on the 8th, and had a final interview (for distance learning students) on the 10th in which I was marked competent (subject to internal verification - tutor words). My tutor have answered all my e-mails and questions on forum immediately (the latest was the next working day), and was a great help. Now I am waiting for the mark to show on MyAAT. I do hope that the 6 weeks time frame applies to it as well.It is the last thing I am waiting for to finish the qualification.
Privacy Policy