Budgeting Practise Assessments

Options
Chimpette22
Chimpette22 Registered Posts: 75 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi Guys & Gals,

I was wondering if anyone knew if the practise assessments you can do on line are in line with the actual exam passes.

As in I just did a practise but didn't complete any of the written tasks and it said I passed. That can't be right can it...???

I was wondering if they are only counting the formula questions and not the written as there is no one to check and read that it is correct if you know what I mean.
Fully AAT qualified July 2015

Comments

• Morpheus1980
    Morpheus1980 Registered Posts: 120 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Hi Chimpette22,

When you do the pratice CBT's, on one of the first pages (or screens), it states that only certain questions can be marked and that the written questions will be human marked in the live assessment. So you are correct, only the formula questions are marked, and not the written.

Good luck with your Budgeting exam...when is it?
  • Chimpette22
    Options
    Hi Morpheus1980,

Thanks, but I wanted to know if the practise assessments whever I completed the written or not would say that I passed? Or is it enough if you pass all the other questions correctly on your actual exam and mess up the written if you would still pass?

Can you tell I'm worried about the writing element.. haha
  • aaron0121
    aaron0121 Registered Posts: 422
    Options
    Hi Chimpette,

If you can get all the formula/mathematical questions correct and don't try the two writing tasks then yes I'm
    pretty sure you can still receive a competent in the budgeting cba exam.

I would advise not to try this though lol
    AAT

Level 2 - 2010
    Level 3 - 2011
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA

F4 - 2015
    F5 - 2015
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Hi Chimpette,

If you can get all the formula/mathematical questions correct and don't try the two writing tasks then yes I'm
    pretty sure you can still receive a competent in the budgeting cba exam.

I would advise not to try this though lol

I'm not sure whether this is correct or not... :blushing: You need to achieve 70% in both parts of the exam and I am sure that you need to achieve some marks in the written elements otherwise we could argue that the computer can mark the exam and if you achieve 70% then there would be no need for the written element - removing the 6 week wait (so glad they are over for me :001_tt2: )

I think the written section is important as it allows a student the opportunity to demonstrate their understanding by explaining accounting standards or ratios, writing about the performance of a company etc. Anyone can learn the formula/maths to answer the other questions.

Apologies in advance to those of you who don't agree... Just my opinion :o
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • aaron0121
    Options
    Jo Clark wrote: Β»
    I'm not sure whether this is correct or not... :blushing: You need to achieve 70% in both parts of the exam and I am sure that you need to achieve some marks in the written elements otherwise we could argue that the computer can mark the exam and if you achieve 70% then there would be no need for the written element - removing the 6 week wait (so glad they are over for me :001_tt2: )

I think the written section is important as it allows a student the opportunity to demonstrate their understanding by explaining accounting standards or ratios, writing about the performance of a company etc. Anyone can learn the formula/maths to answer the other questions.

Apologies in advance to those of you who don't agree... Just my opinion :o

70% to pass for each section and theres one writing task in each section, I'm pretty sure you can get a pass
    without doing the writing tasks. Besides you get enough of an opportunity to demonstrate your understanding in
    explaining accounting standards and ratios from the written sections for FNST and FNP :001_tongue:
    AAT

Level 2 - 2010
    Level 3 - 2011
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA

F4 - 2015
    F5 - 2015
  • Jo Clark
    Options
    70% to pass for each section and theres one writing task in each section, I'm pretty sure you can get a pass
    without doing the writing tasks. Besides you get enough of an opportunity to demonstrate your understanding in
    explaining accounting standards and ratios from the written sections for FNST and FNP :001_tongue:

Agree - but would it not depend on how the marks are allocated across the non written questions?
    Benjamin Franklin
  • aaron0121
    Options
    Yes but if you get all the calculations correct, it would suffice for a competent :)
    AAT

Level 2 - 2010
    Level 3 - 2011
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA

F4 - 2015
    F5 - 2015
  • Morpheus1980
    Morpheus1980 Registered Posts: 120 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I'm sure I read somewhere on the AAT website or on the forum when I was revising for BGT that the written questions in the live assessment were weighted in some way that one would have to complete them in order to get a chance of passing the exam? Can anyone confirm?

EDIT: I wasn't imagining the thread. It was discussed on here previously, but alas, no real confirmation that the exam is weighted: http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?34314-Budgeting-Extended-Writing-Bits&highlight=BGT+written
  • aaron0121
    Options
    Maybe you do need to at least attempt the two writing tasks - but in order to get a pass for the exam you
    need 70% or more on each section. So i still think if you exceed in all questions apart from the two writing tasks,
    that should equate to a pass surely?
    AAT

Level 2 - 2010
    Level 3 - 2011
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA

F4 - 2015
    F5 - 2015
  • Chimpette22
    Options
    Hi Guys,

Well I had the exam today and I managed to write something in each written question so I'm pretty pleased about that, I had nightmares last night that I couldn't even write anything.

So let the 6 week countdown start.....
  • Sammmy88
    Sammmy88 Registered Posts: 283 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    How did you find it?
    Level 2 - Passed 2011
    Level 3 - Passed 2012
    Level 4 - Passed 2014

Awaiting to start CIMA :)
  • Chimpette22
    Options
    It was alot like the practise but a few things that I hadn't worked on before.

I'm already upset that I have to wait another 6 weeks, god knows what I'm going to by like when there's only 1 more week left.. haha

Oh well onto the next, have you had your results yet?
  • Jo Clark
    Options
    Maybe you do need to at least attempt the two writing tasks - but in order to get a pass for the exam you
    need 70% or more on each section. So i still think if you exceed in all questions apart from the two writing tasks,
    that should equate to a pass surely?

Only if the non written elements are weighted in such a way that you can obtain the required 70%? and from memory part 2 of the exams tend to be more written than anything else :huh:
    Benjamin Franklin
  • aaron0121
    Options
    Jo Clark wrote: Β»
    Only if the non written elements are weighted in such a way that you can obtain the required 70%? and from memory part 2 of the exams tend to be more written than anything else :huh:

In budgeting there is only two written sections, 1 writing task in section 1 and one writing task in section 2. I still
    think having 6 exceeded and having 2 did not meet will still get the competent. Maybe you're right it all depends
    on how many marks aat give for the mathematical/writing sections idk guess we will never know :)
    AAT

Level 2 - 2010
    Level 3 - 2011
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA

F4 - 2015
    F5 - 2015
  • Sammmy88
    Sammmy88 Registered Posts: 283 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    It was alot like the practise but a few things that I hadn't worked on before.

I'm already upset that I have to wait another 6 weeks, god knows what I'm going to by like when there's only 1 more week left.. haha

Oh well onto the next, have you had your results yet?

No i havent had mine yet, but then its only been 2 weeks, I am not really checking to be honest.. I am never very confident in my results, so I want to wait for a nice pleasent suprise.... well hopefully! :-p
    Level 2 - Passed 2011
    Level 3 - Passed 2012
    Level 4 - Passed 2014

Awaiting to start CIMA :)
Privacy Policy