Client with retal Property in Australia

JJH1969 Registered Posts: 110 ? ? ?
My client has a rental property in Australia which she acquired whilst she lived there for 11 years returning to the UK in April 2009. She has filled out tax returns in Australia since then but nothing in the UK. Anyone know how things work between Australia and the UK in terms of property income?


  • jamesm96
    jamesm96 Registered Posts: 523
    Hmmm, sounds to me like she needs to be reporting it. If she's UK resident then she needs to pay UK income tax on her worldwide income.
Privacy Policy