Bank Reconcile question

blackviper90210
blackviper90210 Registered Posts: 25 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Morning all,

I have just started my 1st job in my new career.

I am trying to reconcile May's bank but having problems. Whilst trying to resolve these, am I able to start reconcilling the following months, but only saving them and not actually reconcile?

Thank you for your advice.

Kind regards,
Dave

Comments

• Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    You really need to start from a reconciled balance, so you are going to get in a right muddle if you try to do the following months w/o reconciling May.
    I'd concentrate on May first.
    I know you are using Sage Instant - is it possible to export the reconciliation into Excel and print it up? Sometimes a little easier to see what is wrong on a sheet in front of you rather than the screen. (for an old f**t like me anyway!)
  • blackviper90210
    Hi Jan,

I have 4 transactions, 1 of which I have sorted. The other 3 are transactions from 2010 & 2011!! :huh:

I need to speak to the boss when he comes back off holiday in 10 days to see how he wants to deal with it. I'm guessing it's going to mess with end of year accounts etc.

Ref doing the follwoing months, I was just going to match known items and then save it ready to reconcile, once May has been sorted. Just hoping to complete what I can when I can really. :001_rolleyes:
  • Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Hi Jan,

Ref doing the follwoing months, I was just going to match known items and then save it ready to reconcile, once May has been sorted. Just hoping to complete what I can when I can really. :001_rolleyes:

Ok, you could reconcile up to the end of the latest statement date you have, instead of month by month, it will include June's unreconciled of course. If you're going to match them you won't be able to reconcile June as a separate report. Sounds like its up to you really.

I would think the transactions from 2010 & 2011 have been allowed for by your accountant. They'll probably give you year end adjustments to tidy up Sage once the accounts have been done. I wouldn't worry too much.

New job still going well I gather.
  • blackviper90210
    In that case I will leave the other bank reconcile's til May is completed. :001_smile:

The job is going really well, loving it. As I said before though, there is so much I have no idea of.... VAT alone scares the hell out of me, lol.
    Even some of the real basic stuff I get flustered/stuck on. Once I clear the back log that has been left and get up to date, I am hoping I will be able to fully understand and grasp exactly what I am doing.

Thank you for your advice though, def need it :thumbup1:
Privacy Policy