Love the article by Monsoon in Magazine

Options
jow774
jow774 Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Monsoon,

Just to say what a brilliant article in AT magazine. Rings so true, definately for me, and probably most of us just starting out. Its a nice reminder that we dont have to put up with the rubbish some clients think they can give us. Im going to get the MDTP bit framed for my office!

Comments

• reader
    reader Registered Posts: 1,037 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    jow774 wrote: ยป
    Monsoon,

Just to say what a brilliant article in AT magazine. Rings so true, definately for me, and probably most of us just starting out. Its a nice reminder that we dont have to put up with the rubbish some clients think they can give us. Im going to get the MDTP bit framed for my office!

Couldn't agree more.

I'm going to jump straight to the last page from now on.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Aww thank you both :)

Glad you liked it!
  • Chinless Wonder
    Chinless Wonder Registered Posts: 61 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Hear hear!

(I hadn't actually opened my copy yet - reading here that Monsoon had written a column inspired me to get it out of the plastic wrapper!)
    Newbie Registered Posts: 229 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Another fantastic article well done, relevant and well written
  • JJH1969
    JJH1969 Registered Posts: 110 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I agree. It is good to have affirmation and not feel you are the only one to encounter these issues! :thumbup1:
  • Monsoon
    Options
    Thanks so much, it means a lot to get such positive feedback.

If anyone has any requests for future articles, please do let me know and I will see what I can do :)
  • jamesm96
    jamesm96 Registered Posts: 523
    Options
    'Ang on a minute... I don't get a magazine! Do I need to subscribe?
  • Monsoon
    Options
    If you're a paid up AAT member then you should get one!
  • jamesm96
    Options
    If you're a paid up AAT member then you should get one!

I am! I feel cheated.
  • Natsmomma
    Natsmomma Registered Posts: 39 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I too was inspired to remove my copy of AT from it's wrapper and read!

A super article, practical, informative and reassuring. May I say, a breath of fresh air ?

I too have had some less than ideal client experiences recently and it's made me realise that it just goes with the territory. Disengaging from the first is hardest as you feel you're letting them down. The truth however, is that they let themselves down.
  • Monsoon
    Options
    I am! I feel cheated.

They might have the wrong address for you? Do you receive letters from them ever? You might want to log into MyAAT and check....!!
  • Monsoon
    Options
    I too was inspired to remove my copy of AT from it's wrapper and read!

A super article, practical, informative and reassuring. May I say, a breath of fresh air ?

I too have had some less than ideal client experiences recently and it's made me realise that it just goes with the territory. Disengaging from the first is hardest as you feel you're letting them down. The truth however, is that they let themselves down.

Thank you Natsmomma, that's such a lovely feedback! :)
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    If anyone has any requests for future articles, please do let me know and I will see what I can do :)

If that offer still stands:

Something on German/ European VAT returns would be very helpful for me at the moment :)

It would be nice to know I'm not the only one struggling with German accountants who keep rejecting supplier invoices for bureaucratic exercises! They are driving me nuts at the moment.

Pretty please with sprinkles on top?
  • jamesm96
    Options
    Rinske wrote: ยป
    If that offer still stands:

Something on German/ European VAT returns would be very helpful for me at the moment :)

It would be nice to know I'm not the only one struggling with German accountants who keep rejecting supplier invoices for bureaucratic exercises! They are driving me nuts at the moment.

Pretty please with sprinkles on top?

If it helps, there's a podcast in the CPD section of myAAT which is all about overseas VAT. Have you tried that?
  • Rinske
    Options
    Oooh no, I wasn't aware of that.

Thanks! Will check it out.
  • Monsoon
    Options
    Rinske wrote: ยป
    Oooh no, I wasn't aware of that.

Thanks! Will check it out.
    Good, because that is NOT my area of expertise!! Sorry hun ;-)
  • Rinske
    Options
    If it helps, there's a podcast in the CPD section of myAAT which is all about overseas VAT. Have you tried that?

Right, having done a bit of a search, I found two about VAT on international goods and services for UK businesses, but not one that explains me how to do German VAT returns, or how to please German accountants. I probably just haven't found the right ones yet though.

Will keep looking, but if you got the link, would you mind posting it here?

Thanks!
  • Simon
    Simon Registered Posts: 8 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Hello all, I am intrigued. (sp).
    Got to register in October according to my college so have not had access to this article, is there any where I can find it online or otherwise please.

Si...
Privacy Policy