Someone please help!

Options
amyjayne27
amyjayne27 Registered Posts: 314 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi all,

Been trying to access the practice assessments for my upcoming Budgeting exam but just cannot get into them. Tried on my Ipad and got it working but I cannot input any figures where they are supposed to go, then I tried with my little laptop and even tried the f11 full screen but still cannot see the start button - this is ridiculous I have wasted so much time on this and all I want to do is be able to access them!

Any advice?

Thanks

Comments

• wbauk2002
    wbauk2002 Registered Posts: 110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I had that problem

It's either outdated internet browser, so just, upgrade, browser that doesn't support it, or you screen resolution is too big, and the start button is hiding like what happend to me
  • Countrybumpkin
    Countrybumpkin Registered Posts: 52 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I have the same problem and changing the zoom doesn't make any difference. However, i can just about hover my mouse over what i assume is the start button on the right hand side and i can thankfully access the practice assignments. Sometimes it takes alittle concentration and patience but it's worth it. Good luck!
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    When I got my new laptop I had to download Firefox to be able to do the AAT CBT's as they wouldn't open on outlook.
  • amyjayne27
    Options
    Hi all, thanks for all your advice but still can't get the blimmin thing working! Downloaded firefox, tried hovering cursor near the bottom but nothing works, will have to try and do them at work!

Thanks for your replies
  • aaron0121
    aaron0121 Registered Posts: 422
    Options
    Hi Amy,

I've also had the same problem with my laptop, are you using a apple Macbook?
    AAT

Level 2 - 2010
    Level 3 - 2011
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA

F4 - 2015
    F5 - 2015
  • topcat
    topcat Registered Posts: 452
    Options
    it may be worth checking you have the latest adobe flash player , as the exams are flash based

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
  • amyjayne27
    Options
    Hi Aaron, no I have a little netbook and an Ipad and it doesnt work on either :-( Thanks Topcat but tried that to no avail!

Thanks for your replies
  • billdoor
    billdoor Registered Posts: 129 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I always have to move my taskbar from the bottom of the screen to the right hand side of the screen. That way I can see the top of the buttons and actually do the assessment.:thumbup1:
  • billdoor
    billdoor Registered Posts: 129 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Just remembered, I also have to hide the bookmarks bar (on Chrome) to give me more screen space.
  • aaron0121
    Options
    @ Amy maybe try this on your ipad or on your netbook if its apple.

Go onto system preferences, then into dock and then tick 'automatically hide and show the dock'. Now try again
    to open a practise cbt, enlarging the page from the bottom right hand corner. (I'm using safari browser)

Does this help?
    AAT

Level 2 - 2010
    Level 3 - 2011
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA

F4 - 2015
    F5 - 2015
  • amyjayne27
    Options
    Hi Bill thanks for that I will try it.

Aaron, I can actually access the exams on my Ipad, I can see the start button and start doing it but I cannot enter figures in any of the boxes?
  • Sammmy88
    Sammmy88 Registered Posts: 283 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I thought you couldnt on an ipad as you need flash..
    Level 2 - Passed 2011
    Level 3 - Passed 2012
    Level 4 - Passed 2014

Awaiting to start CIMA :)
  • aaron0121
    Options
    That's a bit strange you can't enter the figures in any of the boxes and you can access the exams, maybe try
    using a external keyboard on your ipad but i don't think that will help tbh.
    AAT

Level 2 - 2010
    Level 3 - 2011
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA

F4 - 2015
    F5 - 2015
  • StuartW
    StuartW Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
  • amyjayne27
    Options
    Hi Sammy, I have downloaded the Puffin browser which allows me to access sites that need flash. Thank you Stuart currently printing that off now, will let you know if it works!

Thanks again all
  • wbauk2002
    wbauk2002 Registered Posts: 110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Just remembered I used to press f11 to maximise screen
Privacy Policy