CIMA what to do??

Options
jane
jane Registered Posts: 165 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
Hello fellow Techi students

I am in two minds wether to start CIMA E1 in a couple of weeks time at college or not.
I still have to do a resit for Financial Performance which I am going to do in December.
I am thinking I really should finish AAT before moving on, but then if I do just one paper at CIMA, then I will only have to do two next year for the first level.

Your very welcome words of wisdom would be appreciated :001_smile:

I don't want to bite off more than I can chew :tongue_smilie:

Jane

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    jane wrote: Β»
    Hello fellow Techi students

I am in two minds wether to start CIMA E1 in a couple of weeks time at college or not.
    I still have to do a resit for Financial Performance which I am going to do in December.
    I am thinking I really should finish AAT before moving on, but then if I do just one paper at CIMA, then I will only have to do two next year for the first level.

Your very welcome words of wisdom would be appreciated :001_smile:

I don't want to bite off more than I can chew :tongue_smilie:

Jane

Hello Jane

I am also considering what qualification to do once I have completed AAT and CIMA is one of a few I am considering. Are you able to register as a student to sit E1 without having completed AAT?

Where will you be studying CIMA and what made you decide to study E1 first?

JC :o
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • jane
    Options
    Hi Jo

I e-mailed one of my tutors at college to get some info on ACCA and CIMA. She sent me through the colleges shedules, and I have decided on CIMA as I really don't see myself working in practice.
    Being exempt from the first level of CIMA, my college starts with E1, F1 and I think P1 - I can't remember as I dont have all the bumf in front of me at the moment. I am just sitting relaxing before X Factor starts!! LOL
    My tutor said that I can start CIMA if I so wish, and even if I just take one unit on out of the 3, soooo its just something I am pondering over this weekend.
    What options are you looking into Jo??

J x
  • Jo Clark
    Options
    Hello Jane

Will keep this short as X Factor is just starting :001_tt2: and I need do go to some work...

I am also looking at CIMA and ACCA, really not sure which I should do, like you I still have one module to complete but was under the impression that I could not start either without completing the AAT?

Enjoy X Factor and feel free to contact me again, if I do CIMA we could be study buddies! :o

JC
    Benjamin Franklin
  • jane
    Options
    Thanks Jo,

Study buddies sounds good to me, the more the merrier as I have found this last level of AAT a challenge and its been nice to have the support. What unit do you still have to complete?

XFactor and Mr Barlow, what more can I ask for ;) Lol

J x
  • Jo Clark
    Options
    Just the project to go. I'm nearly there and hopefully won't have to change too much when I upload it in a few weeks.

Although many will disagree, I have found the project more challenging than any other level 4 module and would rather have sat another exam! However it has been interesting with the research etc.
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Tracyevans14
    Tracyevans14 Registered Posts: 35 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I too am thinking of CIMA, I'm still awaiting confirmation on my project and credit management written so was under the impression I couldn't start until all confirmed as competent. Also no info has been provided by my college on further studies and finding the info out myself on here and web.

So any advice is gratefully received.
  • acorrenti
    acorrenti Registered Posts: 14 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I too will be studying CIMA from January 2013.
    Would be good to bud up with someone to assist.
  • NeilH
    NeilH Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Jo Clark wrote: Β»
    Are you able to register as a student to sit E1 without having completed AAT?

Hi

You can register as a CIMA student, but in order to take papers beyond CIMA Certificate stage you'll need to have either completed the Certificate of have been exempt from it.

There's nothing to stop you studying, you just won't be able to take the exam yet.

Neil
  • Folander
    Folander Registered Posts: 50 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi all,

Firstly, congratulations on picking CIMA over that other one! You need to complete AAT and send CIMA a copy of your statement of achievement in order to gain exemptions from the certificate level. But beware you have to pay for these exemptions, I think it's over Β£150

I would recommend doing F1 first if just choosing 1. Almost all of it has been covered in level 4 so it's a good exam to get you started. E1 is all theory that would be new to you but it's not too bad and quite interesting. P1 is similar to F1 in the way that you will have covered a lot in level 4.

If you choose to do two at a time which is the most popular route It's recommended to do E1 & F1, then P1 & F2, E2 & P2.

Exams are in end of Nov and end of May which is great as it doesn't interfere with month end unlike ACCA and in the unlikely event that you fail you can retake in March and August. So you don't need to wait 6 months to re take your exam.

If you have any other CIMA questions I'll be happy to help.

Folander
  • Tracyevans14
    Options
    Hi folander,

Thanks for the advice. I just need my college to sort out confirming my cpetent results for credit management and icas, then we're set to go.
  • jane
    Options
    Hi Folander and everyone,

Thanks for your advice, very much appreciate all the info I can get right now. I am feeling a bit under the weather today, so am not at all with it!!
    I am strongly feeling like I will finish off AAT 100% before tackling CIMA, but I have definately decided on this rather than ACCA.
    By completing AAT, it will give me that extra time to get myself sorted before tackling another qualification. I do hope we can all still be study budies - I think the thought of CIMA is scaring me to death, so the added support will be awesome!!! LOL
    Hoping everyone is having a nice relaxing Sunday :) - I am gunna be a couch potatoe for the rest of the day now and hopefully feel chipper 2moro.

Jane
  • Tracyevans14
    Options
    Get well soon Jane
  • stevef
    stevef Registered Posts: 258 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Going back to one of the earlier posts in this thread - please remember that not all ACCA accountants work in private practice. A huge number work in industry, commerce and the public sector.
Privacy Policy