Back dated tax returns

Fitz Registered Posts: 26 Regular contributor ⭐ ? ⭐
I have just taken on a client. He is employed, and has property income. HMRC asked him to submit a tax return for the year ended 5 April 2011. He owns several property which he has let out since 2007. He has not registered with HMRC the fact he has been receiving property income since 2007! From the work I have done so far he did not make a profit - should I tell him that he should have submitted tax returns from 2007/08? How do I go about submitted back dated tax returns to HMRC?


  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448
    If he made no profit in those previous years, then TRs are not necessary. I would just start submitted from 2011 onwards.
Privacy Policy