Blacklisted address

PGM
PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
If you share an address with a company that shuts down, leaving debts. How much of an effect can it have on your own credit rating?

I'm not sure how much truth or myths there are to an address being linked to bad credit as opposed to company :confused1:

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    It might have done something in the past, but now I don't think there is any problem.

I've certainly had some dodgy people at addresses I've had in the past and it hasn't been a problem for me, for personal and business.
  • jamesm96
    jamesm96 Registered Posts: 523
    Have you ever looked at your credit report / file? I use CreditExpert [other credit-file management services are available] and there's a section on there for people to whom you are financially linked. If anyone appears on the list and you're not linked to them you can follow their process for having that person removed from your record of linked persons.

Might be worth having a look? I'd be surprised if anyone else's poor record was affecting your record though, unless you have any joint products?
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Have you ever looked at your credit report / file? I use CreditExpert [other credit-file management services are available] and there's a section on there for people to whom you are financially linked. If anyone appears on the list and you're not linked to them you can follow their process for having that person removed from your record of linked persons.

Might be worth having a look? I'd be surprised if anyone else's poor record was affecting your record though, unless you have any joint products?

Good idea, I'll check our credit safe report.

All we had was a shared address. I know for domestic property there can be problems with all debts, didn't know if a business address could be effected in the same way.
Privacy Policy