Binder for client's account

Options
jilt
jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
I was just wondering what sort of binders other MIPs use for their client's accounts. I've been using comb binders but my machine's playing up at the moment and I also wonder if they look a bit naff so am thinking of changing to some other method but don't know what.

Any suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I use a .pdf.

On the rare occasions I provide a paper copy, I use a staple :D

Back in the day, I used the slide-on straight binders, with nice card on the front and back.
  • jamesm96
    jamesm96 Registered Posts: 523
    Options
    We us comb binders, but with bespoke covers on the front and back. I'll upload a pic if I can.
  • jilt
    Options
    I have covers front and back with my logo name and address on. Are we in the minority still handing out bound accounts? I thought all accountants did but apparently not.

I love Jenni's comment 'I use a staple'!
  • jamesm96
    Options
    Okay, I can't upload the images, no matter what file type I save the photo as (using a photo-editor, I'm not just stupidly trying to change the file extension!) the upload manager on the forum says it's invalid. Any suggestions anyone?
  • jamesm96
    Options
    jilt wrote: ยป
    Are we in the minority still handing out bound accounts?

I think you'll find the phrase is 'the elite' ;)
  • jilt
    Options
    I think you'll find the phrase is 'the elite' ;)

Yeah that's a better description :laugh:
  • Monsoon
    Options
    Okay, I can't upload the images, no matter what file type I save the photo as (using a photo-editor, I'm not just stupidly trying to change the file extension!) the upload manager on the forum says it's invalid. Any suggestions anyone?
    I think you have to host it elsewhere and use [img]tags to post. Elite. Whatever :D[/img]
  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Because my client are mainly 'small clients', I just simply use a pretty cover page with my details on and then staple them all together.
  • Natsmomma
    Natsmomma Registered Posts: 39 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I've had a similar thought recently as I always print and send (think I may be old-fashioned!).

I'm about to go for slide-on binders and decent quality card front and back with a title and my logo on the front. Might consider stretching to a clear plastic cover if I feel frivolous!
  • noodles
    noodles Registered Posts: 308 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Have you thought about buying a corner piece of card with your logo on. We use this on our accounts and terms and conditions and it looks very presentable and a lot cheaper than binding etc. We feel our clients prefer to receive a hard copy but we also still meet face to face with the majority of our clients when we present their accounts to them. There are a few long distant clients who do prefer a pdf but the majority choose to come into the office for a meeting.
  • Sarah-Lou
    Sarah-Lou Registered Posts: 141 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I also use comb binders but my binding machine was cheap (Lidl I think!) and is not doing a great job anymore. I love gadgets so i'm going to get another one!

My clients are very small and they love their bound accounts, it makes them feel really important :)
  • JodieR
    JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I print a cover sheet on card and put blank card at the back and then a sheet of OHP over each and use a slide binder to 'bind' it. Makes it easy to change the odd page if something needs amending and client can photocopy it if need be. There's varying levels of excitement over the presentation of accounts but I think most clients at least like to have somethign tangible to take away with them. I do often email PDFs as well.
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Options
    I still provide 'bound' accounts to most clients. I'm on the slide binder with card and clear sheet.

PDF's are available for everyone.
    Regards,

Burg
  • Monsoon
    Options
    I guess I'm in the lazy minority then :lol:
  • jilt
    Options
    The corner piece is an attractive option, or rather the price is!

Not sure what to do now. I'll price up buying more covers etc, see how may I've got left then make a decision. I also buy heavier paper to print accounts and my letterheads on.

It wasn't necessarily a cost saving exercise I just wondered if the plastic comb binders looked a bit naff. Maybe I'll try the slide binders.

Thanks for all your comment guys.
  • Monsoon
    Options
    Slide binders = 75p per set.

25p for the slide, 25p for a piece of nice coloured card, 25p for a clear plastic sheet. That was about 4 years ago.
  • pirate
    pirate Registered Posts: 469 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Im with Monsoon

We do all of ours in PDFs and use EchoSign to get them signed.
    Saves on Trees and is really quick
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    For piddly little I&E's I just use a corner logo and cover page but for financial statements I comb bind with clear covers and card cover page
Privacy Policy