Virtual Office

Options
dantray
dantray Registered Posts: 72 Regular contributor ⭐
Do any home based practices use a virtual office?

I am considering it to improve business image - I never have clients to my house and choose to meet either at their offices/house or mutual location such as a cafe.

Can anyone recommend a decent one in Manchester/Liverpool/Other North West - a google search returns dozens and some charge £100 a month. The cost is going to play a large part in the decision.

I am looking only to have mail sent there, and forwarded to my home. Some offer same day scan and email docs at an extra cost which does appeal, although there is a confidentiality issue with this option.

Any advice appreciated?

Comments

• T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    If you do not want a phone answering service, why not just use a PO Box number for post? It would be cheaper. Personally, I use my home address.
  • dantray
    Options
    A PO box for six months is £110 i believe, plus forwarding.

I have found a virtual office for £55 for six months, with free forwarding (plus postage), and £40 for same day scan and email. So all in all £95+postage for forwarding. which can be once a week, once a month, or never if you choose.

As an added benefit they sort through all the junk and bin it. I can also use the virtual office as my registered office, and directors service address. Which I can't do with a PO box.

Just to stop the rubbish coming to my house would be worth a few quid!
  • JodieR
    JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    dantray wrote: »

Just to stop the rubbish coming to my house would be worth a few quid!

registering with mail preference service (mps) should pretty much stop this!
  • jamesm96
    jamesm96 Registered Posts: 523
    Options
    Are you looking for somewhere that offers meeting space too Dantray? Or did I misunderstand?
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    dantray wrote: »
    As an added benefit they sort through all the junk and bin it. I can also use the virtual office as my registered office, and directors service address. Which I can't do with a PO box.

I had a client who wanted to use a PO box and as long as they had a physical location listed (I.e. not just PO box and number) then it was fine as a registered office address and service address, I checked it with Companies House at the time.
  • dantray
    Options
    hi mike,

Not for meeting rooms. Usually I visit clients at their own premises or a hotel near my town has quite a posh cafe off the reception which i find is quite a good environment to chat. - so this will only be for receiving mail and to put on the website.

I acquire most of my clients through my website. Using google analytics I know how many visitors to my site leave after viewing the contact page and I can't help but wonder if it's because it says 23 Home Avenue, Village, etc.

For the sake of £50 for three months it would be nice to see if "Business House, Main Street, City Centre" has a different effect on the professional image.
Privacy Policy