Icas

The Magician
The Magician Registered Posts: 96 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Hi there, just started the ICAS project as a distance learner. I have both the Osbourne and Kaplan book and haven'f found them too useful.

I see there is a BPP book for sale on amazon in both a 2011 and 2012 edition is either or both worth getting? I'm particularly interested in how the report is composed?

many thanks.

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hi there, just started the ICAS project as a distance learner. I have both the Osbourne and Kaplan book and haven'f found them too useful.

I see there is a BPP book for sale on amazon in both a 2011 and 2012 edition is either or both worth getting? I'm particularly interested in how the report is composed?

many thanks.

Hello Magician

I have the BPP book for this unit and only really used it to complete the tasks as instructed by my training provider. Has your training provider recommended a book to use or given you guidance on the layout of the report? My training provider advised us to work through the tasks in the BPP book but we were told not to use the format of the report in the book.

Have you decided whether you are going to do a work based project or case study?

Good luck!

JC :o
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • The Magician
    Hiya Jo,

Many thanks for replying. Did the 2012 BPP book cover the Bayou Stores case study?

I unfortunately, have never been lucky enough to get a paid job in accounts, so will have to go the case study route!

I've looked at the Osbourne books work-based projects but it is obviously coming from people who have a strong understanding of the work-processes in their organisation and seem so far removed from the AAT case study!

The Kaplan book has a bit of analysis of the Bayou stores, but not enough for my liking!

I'm hoping to base my case study on payroll, but it will really depend on the scenario.

I've sent off my enrolment form. I really hope i can tie this up in a couple months max!
  • Jo Clark
    Hello

I'm not sure what issue I had, possibly 2011. Whichever one it was Bayou Stores as the case study.

JC
    Benjamin Franklin
  • The Magician
    Hi Jo,

Many thanks for your help.

I have a further question for you, if that is Okay: when you are able to access the AAT case study via Learn Plus, are you able to print off the case study or save it to removable storage?

I will be away next week and will not have internet access. Does the system require internet access to view the case study.

I have never used Learn Plus before!

Thanks,

Dave.
  • Jo Clark
    Did you not use Learn Plus for SPSW at level 3?

When you access the case study you can download it and save it/print it out.

Depending on the provider you go with for ICAS, you may require internet access to access a class forum. You will require internet access to download the case study and also to upload your report once completed as well as collecting any feedback you receive from your tutor/assessor.
    Benjamin Franklin
  • The Magician
    Hi Jo,

No, I did level 3 under the old "brutal" standards.

A 100% pass required to pass professional ethics and the cash management exam!

I am really glad AAT did away with those simulations.

thanks.
  • Jo Clark
    Hi Magician

You will find learnplus really easy and straight forward to use. There are lots of guidance notes on there when you logon and use it.

JC
    Benjamin Franklin
Privacy Policy