Home For everyone Chat and off-topic discussion
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Gary Barlow

liveprincessliveprincess Well-KnownRegistered Posts: 214
Has anybody heard what Gary Barlow said on tonight's X Factor to one of the auditioning band's member.. "You look like the band's accountant" So.. my question is.. can you tell that somebody is an accountant by their look? And what an accountant must look like? I haven't studied that yet :laugh:

Comments

• chezr90chezr90 Settling In Nicely Registered Posts: 22
    Haha! It must also be in business studies, as you would think they would be required to know what an accountant looks like....they must do, they run away from them often enough :)
  • amyjayne27amyjayne27 Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 314
    Apparently I look like an accountant just because I wear glasses to work!!
  • James PattersonJames Patterson Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 281
    I look nothing like the stereotypical accountant so i can catch everyone off guard :P
  • SashaDellaSashaDella Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 362
    James... in time, in time!!
  • James PattersonJames Patterson Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 281
    SashaDella wrote: »
    James... in time, in time!!

Haha no, not me - i'm different :L

Do i look like an accountant already?
  • MonsoonMonsoon Font Of All Knowledge FMAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 4,071
    Give it a few weeks and my dreadlocks will catch everyone off guard...

I do own a grey cardigan... ;-)
  • blobbyhblobbyh Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 2,415
    To my southern colleagues, I dress and act more like a builder even though I work in an office. Northern accent, steel toe cap boots (for my dodgy ankles), jeans, t shirts and I swear like a coal miner (even in front of the CEO).
  • taskeytaskey Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 1,800
    i am proud to wear a grey suit and glasses. sets me apart from everyone else who is wearing green :) it also lets them know i mean business and they actually listen to me as i know what i am talking about.

tracy
  • katsutlieffkatsutlieff Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 459
    I have a worryingly large amount of grey cardigans, I don't wear them to work though :001_smile: