AAT Achievement Ceremonies

Options
BeccaLouJ9
BeccaLouJ9 Registered Posts: 896 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
I put this in the chat section but prob best to go here I think..

Is anyone going to the south west (Bristol) one?

I would like to but don't know how busy/popular it is? (or isn't!!)

B x
ยซ1

Comments

• Hopeipassx
    Hopeipassx Registered Posts: 66 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    I think im going to go to the Birmingham one as thats my closest. Ive only just paid the ยฃ25 for it so not had any details for it as yet. But have read that its free us but family, friends its ยฃ20 per person!!!
  • BeccaLouJ9
    Options
    How come you paid ยฃ25? It's free? I think you should get a refund.. You are MAAT?
    B x
  • uknitty
    uknitty Registered Posts: 591 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Probably the ยฃ25 fee for processing the membership application. It only gets processed for free if you apply in a pretty small window after passing your final exam.
  • Becky V
    Becky V Registered Posts: 374 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Hi Becca Lou i am hoping to attend the Bristol one as that is closest to me. Didnt realise family members had to pay though?!
  • BeccaLouJ9
    Options
    Ah, good so there'll be at least two of us there then!! :)

Yeh I think ยฃ20 for each guest, and you can bring up to 3 guests. If I get my full membership status by friday and get an invite I will bring two maybe three people so that'll bump the numbers up!!

See you there! (Hopefully) :)

B x
  • Diddy Mau
    Diddy Mau Registered Posts: 238 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Is anyone attending the Harrogate event?
    Or am I going solo

Like becca would be good to know if others are attending
  • totleyblade
    totleyblade Registered Posts: 48 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Hi Diddy Mau, I'm thinking of going to Harrogate with the Missus and perhaps making a weekend of it. I think, it might be the only chance I get to attend something like this. I know someone who went to the event at York last year and told me how much they enjoyed it.
  • Diddy Mau
    Options
    Hi totleyblade

Cool, I'm thinking the same thing with my missus. Been looking at digs just around the corner.
    Don't know if I should book now in advance
  • Hopeipassx
    Options
    Yes the ยฃ25 was for processing the membership application. Do we have to pay for a cap and gown??
  • Diddy Mau
    Options
    Didn't think it's a cap and gown occasion

I could be wrong
  • totleyblade
    totleyblade Registered Posts: 48 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    I think there's usually a professional photographer who'll be there and who and will lend people a cap and gown for a portrait photo opportunity.
  • BeccaLouJ9
    Options
    Anymore for the Bristol one? I think it's 9th Nov.

Diddy, the Harrogate one isn't until the end of Nov, so we can let you know what it is like! :)

B x
  • Hopeipassx
    Options
    Hi

When do we get details of when/where etc and exactly what it entails? I paid the member processing fee onlast sunday, done all the other bits too but had no info as yet?
  • BeccaLouJ9
    Options
    The invites are sent out tomorrow I think. If you are elected to MAAT status by tomorrow (as elections are on fridays) then you will get an invite.. It was confirmed by email to me.

:)

B x
  • vickie88
    vickie88 Registered Posts: 58 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    i will be going to York or Harrogate one but i will probably have to wait until next year as i am still waiting on my last set of exam results which should be any day now so depends if i pass or not x
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    If I go, I'll be going next year as ICAS is pending and I think I will miss the cut off date too, I think it is today. Shame to have to wait a whole year. Do the ceremonies only get held once a year, perhaps they could do them twice a year. Anyone going to London this time round?
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Louise89
    Louise89 Registered Posts: 296 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I'd like to go to one in London but not sure if I will be going this year since I have achieved all 4 levels but my MAAT status seems to be pending still - and I applied for MAAT status before I finished my last exam, so not sure what the hold up here is.

• BeccaLouJ9
    Options
    If all your steps are complete and your fees are paid up to date, and you have all your results, today is the last day to get MAAT Status and get an invite to the awards ceremony. So if you only need to pay your fees do it now and then let aat know so they can elect you today, therefore getting you an invite :)

B x

(it made sense as I was writing it.. but not so much as I read it!! Good luck)
  • Louise89
    Options
    Nothing has been outstanding for months... so not sure why I've still not been awarded MAAT status :(

* Just rang AAT & they said I am included on the mailing invites but it just takes time for my account to update to MAAT status. :)

Totes amazeballs!
  • Diddy Mau
    Options
    Nothing has been outstanding for months... so not sure why I've still not been awarded MAAT status :(

* Just rang AAT & they said I am included on the mailing invites but it just takes time for my account to update to MAAT status. :)

Totes amazeballs!

this might be silly to ask but. Has all 3 parts of your application been accepted? Are you waiting on your boss to confirm your experience?
    go to my aat, look at MAAT application. are all 3 parts ticked or is one have a egg timer.

sorry for the mumbled message.....long day
  • Louise89
    Options
    this might be silly to ask but. Has all 3 parts of your application been accepted? Are you waiting on your boss to confirm your experience?
    go to my aat, look at MAAT application. are all 3 parts ticked or is one have a egg timer.

sorry for the mumbled message.....long day

Yes they have been all green ticked for a while now... just received an email confirmation of MAAT status - my telephone call must have prompted them! :)
  • Diddy Mau
    Options
    Congratulations:lol:
  • BeccaLouJ9
    Options
    Hey, Just bumping this up now the invites are being sent out.

Any one else going?

B x
  • iskcel
    iskcel Registered Posts: 34 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    I will be going to the Bristol one. Not sure what guests I will be taking. Obviously my husband is coming but my parents have said they would like to come but Im not sure as my dad, whilst lovely, is also very embarrassing and will be "wooping" loudly while I collect my certificate which isn't good for someone who considered missing it as I will find it hugely embarrassing going up for the certificate in the first place!!

I went with my husband a few years ago and there were about 150 people. They gave him a gown and hat to have a picture taken in then he chose what size pictures he wanted and how many.
  • guinea pig
    guinea pig Registered Posts: 402 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I'm hoping to go to one in London, but have not received an invite yet, even though I completed and got MAAT status in early June. Have others received invites for London?
    GP
  • BeccaLouJ9
    Options
    I'm hoping to go to one in London, but have not received an invite yet, even though I completed and got MAAT status in early June. Have others received invites for London?
    GP

No invite as yet, but I was assured by AAT that if you were MAAT by 14th Sept you will be getting an invite :)

B x
  • BeccaLouJ9
    Options
    iskcel wrote: ยป
    I will be going to the Bristol one. Not sure what guests I will be taking. Obviously my husband is coming but my parents have said they would like to come but Im not sure as my dad, whilst lovely, is also very embarrassing and will be "wooping" loudly while I collect my certificate which isn't good for someone who considered missing it as I will find it hugely embarrassing going up for the certificate in the first place!!

I went with my husband a few years ago and there were about 150 people. They gave him a gown and hat to have a picture taken in then he chose what size pictures he wanted and how many.

Oh good that's another one who'll be embarrassed on the stage like me! :) I hate it!!! But I will be taking my boyfriend and parents too. Fortunately they aren't too bad.

B x
  • Becky V
    Becky V Registered Posts: 374 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Does anyone know if children are allowed to come? Thanks
  • BeccaLouJ9
    Options
    I think I read under tens's aren't allowed but I could be completely making that up. If you can find the page that has the info on it then it does say on there.. I can't find the page though, however hard I look!! :)

B x
  • aaron0121
    aaron0121 Registered Posts: 422
    Options
    I think I read under tens's aren't allowed but I could be completely making that up. If you can find the page that has the info on it then it does say on there.. I can't find the page though, however hard I look!! :)

B x

I've found the page https://services.aat.org.uk/myaat/content/item2924/

Have a nice time to those that are attending this year :)
    AAT

Level 2 - 2010
    Level 3 - 2011
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA

F4 - 2015
    F5 - 2015
Privacy Policy