Financial Statements exam changing from September??

Options
2»

Comments

• SarahJS
    SarahJS Registered Posts: 273 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I'm not really sure why it's changing either really - I don't think an exam being hard is necessarily a bad thing. I passed it before the changes and definately don't think it was too difficult, if the exams keep being made easier all it will do is devalue the qualfication.

On the other side, I probably would be chuffed there was less to learn if I still had to sit the exam!
  • beckyln
    beckyln Registered Posts: 52 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Really glad I read this thread!

Do you know if the books will be updated to reflect any changes?

I'm studying with HLC but I'm sure the books are very out of date!
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    beckyln wrote: »
    Really glad I read this thread!

Do you know if the books will be updated to reflect any changes?

I'm studying with HLC but I'm sure the books are very out of date!

Hi

I am doing FNST at the mo at college and the books have been done on the old guidance, if you print off the new guidance you can cross out the no relevant bits, which is what we are doing.

Jan
  • aaron0121
    aaron0121 Registered Posts: 422
    Options
    Yep I agree with Jan, if you have already purchased the old text books don't worry about it - just cross off
    the IAS and IFRS which you are not going to be examined on. Osborne have summed it up rather nicely
    http://www.osbornebooks.co.uk/files/changes_to_financial_statements_september_2012_3.pdf
    AAT

Level 2 - 2010
    Level 3 - 2011
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA

F4 - 2015
    F5 - 2015
  • wajoda2002
    wajoda2002 Registered Posts: 28 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Wow! I have a resit for this next week and I am so happy about this.

This is the last exam for me to be MAAT and I have failed it 4 times already, I just can't get my head round it despite going on extra revision courses, different sets of book and all the help on here...I really do take my hat off to those that have passed it already!

thank you for the link to the guidance :)
Privacy Policy