Going to my first AAT event

Options
Sarah-Lou
Sarah-Lou Registered Posts: 141 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Am booked this Saturday on an AAT meeting, I'm rather nervous having never been to anything like this before! It's on professional ethics and is a joint event with CIMA. What is the dress code? Smart? Casual? Anything goes?

I'm really nervous hence why this is the first one i've been too as been too chicken before :ohmy:

Sarah-Lou

Comments

• deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I dress casual these days because I'm a rebel(!). 95% of people will be in a suit. You will spot the AAT members because they won't be wearing ties.
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    And all the CIMA's will be in corduroy jackets looking like Geography teachers
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    If I was there I would probably be in jeans. If I was feeling particularly tired, I'd be wearing a hoodie too.

Note: if I was feeling awake, I would not be topless :lol:
  • Dcollins
    Dcollins Registered Posts: 179 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Nothing is expected of you, so there's nothing to worry about. Well done for making the decision to go, I think lots of people feel the same way the first time doing something.

Can't go wrong with ordinary businesswear, but people tend to be more relaxed on a Saturday, so whatever you're happy with.

Cojee's spot on though. CIMA people are generally really nice, but they like to be comfortable.
Privacy Policy