PAYE real time

Blonde Accountant
Blonde Accountant Registered Posts: 86 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi, I have 2 questions about this. Firstly, I have a client who uses Sage payroll and has 6 employees. Sage recently contacted her regarding price packages for the new Real time Paye. She wonders if she can carry on with Sage without upgrading, is this possible, can you get round it and submit everything without paying out to Sage. Hope that makes sense.

Second question is: I have a different client who I run a monthly payroll for. At the moment they have 8 employees and I use the free HMRC paye system. I am considering buying a payroll system-just incase-but can anybody recomend a cheap decent system please?

Thanks for reading and any comments appreciated

Nicola

Comments

• anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    12Pay is brilliant and low cost

BrightPay is also very good and free if you have less than 3 employees
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • Kjmcculloch
    Kjmcculloch Registered Posts: 7 Regular contributor ⭐
    We've just moved all our clients from 12pay (which is still a good system) to MyPAYE. This is a cloud based payroll solution costing 75 p per employee per month regardless of how often you run payroll for them. The bonus for me is that payroll can be run from anywhere. It wont be the first time I've done it from bed on my ipad. It also sends email payslips to the employer/employee.

Its worth getting a free demo.

Kris
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    Rozzi Rainbow Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi, I have 2 questions about this. Firstly, I have a client who uses Sage payroll and has 6 employees. Sage recently contacted her regarding price packages for the new Real time Paye. She wonders if she can carry on with Sage without upgrading, is this possible, can you get round it and submit everything without paying out to Sage. Hope that makes sense.

We received an email from Sage yesterday saying:
    "To help you get an even greater head start with RTI we’re bringing forward the release of New Sage 50 Payroll to 5 November. It’s jam-packed with additional RTI features and even more improvements to your Payroll software. We’ll be in contact soon with more information about this new release and how to upgrade."

I agree, it does seem a bit mad if they expect everyone to pay again in November, rather than when the annual subscription is due!

The email continues:
    "The RTI functionality will be automatically turned on in your software just before your first submission of the new tax year, whilst still enabling you to complete this tax year end in the same easy way as the last one."

My understanding is that everything up to 5th April is as normal, and we only need to start RTI submissions from April. I don't think it would matter if your client didn't upgrade before 5th April, however after 5th April I don't think it will be possible to submit the RTI through Sage without upgrading. Why don't you give Sage a call on behalf of your client to clarify if and when she has to pay?
  • Blonde Accountant
    Blonde Accountant Registered Posts: 86 Regular contributor ⭐
    Many thanks, I think I will try ringing Sage to claify things-after all I'm sure I'll never be able to get through in April!! Thank-you every one else for the payroll software suggestions-food for thought.
Privacy Policy