Sage Bank Reconciliation - Problem!

Options
KPMac
KPMac Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
I really need help from a sage expert.

I have recently started a new position and the bank reconciliation hasn't been done since end March 2011. However, there appears to be a bank reconciliation entry at 31 January 2012 and I am not sure the best action to take to bring the bank rec's up to date so that I can carry out bank rec's on a regular basis.

Can anyone offer any advise with regard to the best course of action to take.

How do I review the information relating to the bank reconciliation carried out at the end of January 2012. This obviously left all the unreconciled transactions between 1 April 2011 to end December 2011.

Hope this makes sense to somebody.

Comments

• wbauk2002
    wbauk2002 Registered Posts: 110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Hi
    You need to get hold of bank statements after Jan and get reconciling, otherwise the accounts may be missing stuff that went through bank and not sage, if you open a new bank rec up you can click view history at the bottom and view past ones
    Hope theys helps

Craig
  • KPMac
    KPMac Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Hi Craig

I attempted to carry out a bank reconcilation from where the last reconcilation was carried out at the end of January, but it didn't have a zero balance and therefore didn't match. I understand that there must be a problem from when the correct reonciliation was carried out end of March 2011 and the transactions left until a reoncilation had been attempted at the end of January 2012. What I would really like to do is cancel out the reconcilation carried out in January, and work through from 1 April 2011 through to date so that I can bring the bank reconciliations up to date. I am just not sure how to cancel out the last reconcilation.
  • wbauk2002
    wbauk2002 Registered Posts: 110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Hi

Not sure what you mean about zero balance? Do you mean it wasn't matched zero balance? Your just going to have to go back as far as you can and see where the balance matched your statement and work forward, you can't reconcile items once they have been reconciled

Craig
Privacy Policy