Is Cost and Revenues really that bad?

Options
Mollypod88
Mollypod88 Registered Posts: 155 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
I've been searching through the forums and haven't read one good thing about this exam.

Is it really that bad?
ยซ13

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Hello Molly

No, it is not that bad. There is a lot to learn especially formula, but if you practice them and work hard you will be fine.

Don't forget the forum is here for any questions you have when studying CRS.

Good luck and enjoy!

JC :o
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Hi Molly

I did the same when I saw all the negative posts about it, but I really enjoyed the subject and I passed the exam first time, as Jo says there is a lot to learn but it is do able.

Good luck

Jan :001_smile:
  • Whirlwind
    Whirlwind Registered Posts: 249 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I really enjoyed it as found it logical. I was boring about memorizing all the formulas, even made my own passcards and took them everywhere. Ended up exceeding every task , so must have worked!! Found the formulas really helpful for BGT & FNPF on level 4 which I also passed, so think formulas are the key!

It's really hard to try not to let other opinions affect you (easier said than done I know), but that's all they are ... opinions. All the best and stay positive!!
  • magda
    magda Registered Posts: 31 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Hello
    I found it ok. It is not bad, I felt so confident while studying it as I did all the assignments and CBA and was 100% correct and then I started reading forum and panicked. But it was ok and I enjoyed it. I found Cash Management more difficult.
    Good luck :-)
  • liveprincess
    liveprincess Registered Posts: 214 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Hi sorry for changing the subject but I'm studying cash management at the moment. Can I ask which part of this did you find the most difficult? Which areas should I pay the most attention to? My exam is next week.
  • Mollypod88
    Options
    I really really really don't like CRS! I feels like im trying to learn it in a different language. i just dont know how im going to learn it all! :crying:
  • James Patterson
    James Patterson Registered Posts: 281
    Options
    I did cost & revs a while ago and the way i learnt it was just doing the practice exams online. It seems once you've learnt how the question is layed out along with the formulas its fine.

Once you've got it, its one you just feel confident about.
  • liveprincess
    liveprincess Registered Posts: 214 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I really really really don't like CRS! I feels like im trying to learn it in a different language. i just dont know how im going to learn it all!

I know the feeling. I am making my way through the book and so far nothing is sinking in really. But I'm not panicking, will just take as much time with it as I need and hopefully when I start revising it will all start making sense. Hopefully..

Good luck with yours
  • missm4ry4m
    missm4ry4m Registered Posts: 177 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Hi Molly

I found this exam really difficult too but with every exam the key is practice. The other important thing is to understand all the concepts properly rather then just learn the format of the questions from past practice papers. Then you'll be able to anwser all the questions without a problem!

Good luck with your exam!!
  • Mollypod88
    Options
    Well it still don't like!

My exam is 18th December so I have a few weeks. I'm doing a music exam on 7th November so I'm kinda concentrating on that one first. But CRS is not my favourite ... and it's my last level 3. I really hope I pass!!
  • Jo Clark
    Options
    I'm doing a music exam on 7th November so I'm kinda concentrating on that one first.

Completely changing the topic, but I'm interested in music and wondered what exam you will be doing.
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Mollypod88
    Options
    ABRSM Grade 5 Music Theory and I'm currently studying towards Grade 6 Clarinet :)

Do you play?
  • Jo Clark
    Options
    yes, flute
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Mollypod88
    Options
    I love Flute. I tried to learn it but had Clarinet exams so it kept getting pushed to the bottom of the list.

What grade are you?
  • Jo Clark
    Options
    Got to grade six but only really play for the enjoyment so stopped the exams.
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Mollypod88
    Options
    The exams are so stressful! But I'm a sucker for a certifcate!
  • Jo Clark
    Options
    I know what you mean! Talking of certificates I received my level 4 and membership certificates today :D
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Mollypod88
    Options
    Oh well done! You must be so proud.

I feel like I will never pass level 3 because of CRS! :mad2:
  • Jo Clark
    Options
    I am :D

Stick at CRS, you can and will do it.

Then onto Level 4 :o
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Mollypod88
    Options
    I've already got the level 4 distance learning package sitting in the cupboard waiting! LOL
  • Jo Clark
    Options
    Great! Have you decided what optional modules you will be studying?
    Benjamin Franklin
  • janwal
    Options
    Hi Mollypod88

Which books are you using to study, although we used BPP I used Kaplan as an extra and found the exams were more based on the Kaplan layout, so it helped knowing how they would come at you.

Keep going you can do it

• Mollypod88
    Options
    Great! Have you decided what optional modules you will be studying?

I've chosen Business Tax and Personal Tax. I've heard Business Tax is alot like CRS so I might do that one next. Can you offer any advice the order to do Level 4 exams? I know we need to write a paper as well. I have NO idea what to do for that :001_unsure:
  • Mollypod88
    Options
    janwal wrote: ยป
    Hi Mollypod88

Which books are you using to study, although we used BPP I used Kaplan as an extra and found the exams were more based on the Kaplan layout, so it helped knowing how they would come at you.

Keep going you can do it

Hi Jan, I'm using the Kaplan books. I think I'm finding it hard because I've ending up leaving this exam until last and all the negative posts I've seen on here
  • janwal
    Options
    Hi Molly

I did exactly the same, CRS was our last level 3 exam, and I had read all the negative posts about it. I sat down at the exam, looked at the first question and thought I can do this, and I could. So think positive, get all the negativity out it is blocking your consentration. You can do it :001_smile:

Jan
  • Jo Clark
    Options
    I've chosen Business Tax and Personal Tax. I've heard Business Tax is alot like CRS so I might do that one next. Can you offer any advice the order to do Level 4 exams? I know we need to write a paper as well. I have NO idea what to do for that :001_unsure:

I completed level 4 in the following order:-

FNST
    BGT
    FNPF
    PTX
    BTX
    ICAS

I don't think it matters what order you do the modules, however I do feel that BGT helped with FNPF and PTX with BTX and all of them with ICAS.
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Whirlwind
    Whirlwind Registered Posts: 249 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Hi,

I did FNST, EXA, BGT, FNPF, PTX, BTX, ICAS. I would definitely recommend Budgeting next to Costs & Revenues (L3), the Financial Performance as there is a big overlap between BGT and FNPF. The two taxes overlap too, but then I did API, APII then FNST (employee choice) which I felt all lent to each other.

I am sure that on the BPP website there was a recommendation of the order, but I cant for the life of me find it.

Enjoy!!
  • Spamkebab
    Spamkebab Registered Posts: 233 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I've sat mine in the same order as Jo. I had a quick look through the text books and figured this would be the best way.
    I sat FNST first as i read all the scary posts on here and wanted it out of the way, my thinking was 'if i can pass FNST then i have proved to myself that i can complete level 4'

Budgeting leading into FNPF, Personal Tax leading into Business Tax, ICAS last because it is done from home, meaning no more bus rides to the exam center.

Neil.
  • Mollypod88
    Options
    Thanks guys this is great :001_smile:
  • Sam22
    Sam22 Registered Posts: 117 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I was just reading through this post as this is my next unit and I also play the flute!! I'm in a music career at the moment but hoping to change to accounting! Good luck with your grade 5 theory! I remember doing mine!
Privacy Policy