Directors expenses

JJH1969 Registered Posts: 110 ? ? ?
If a sole director of a Ltd Co is not taking a salary (as he has employment elsewhere) but is getting expenses i.e travel etc, then should the limited company register as an employer so that a P11D can be completed and a dispensation can be sought or can a dispensation be sought without the need to register? - sorry should have posted in Members in Practice


  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624
    I believe you need a paye reference to apply for a dispensation. It's madness but we are supposed to open a paye scheme and then apply for a dispensation, what a complete waste of time!
Privacy Policy